Alternative speaker suggestion to B&W 805d3

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805d3. They are the nicest speaker I've ever owned. I have had many "lesser" B&W models in the past. In fact it's the only brand of speaker I've ever owned. I love how they look (especially the 805's),  and they sound great. BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker. Even with a pair of REL subs, some recordings can get fatiguing and to sound far too sharp. I really do love the detail but it can get to be a bit much sometimes. Other recordings sound absolutely incredible through these speakers. I'm wondering if there's another speaker I should try? I'm open to going to a floor standing speaker too. The Dali Epicon 6 looks great, Thoughts?
paulgardner
sounds like Harbeth may provide you with a standmount listening experience you may prefer in a similar price range with similar specs.
 BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker.
in which case what are you waiting for? Have them retuned immediately?
My 804D3 are not "bright". They're just incredibly good at revealing how lousy an album was recorded in the first place. Also, make sure your amp has enough power.
The electronics can make or break a B&W D3 speaker.  Your electronics could be very bright.  If you don't want to look at replacing electronics, take a look at Sonus Faber speakers.  They are more forgiving on bright electronics and still sound very good.
+1  harbeths

harbeths (and also spendors) are indeed the classy antidote to ’too bright for their own good’ speakers like b&w, kef, atc, totem and so many others

Have you tried tone control? Why don't you start with the easiest thing you can try, rather than considering a new pair of speakers. No, I am not a purist who doesn't believe in tone control. :) Good luck.
Yeah I understand they are the most “revealing” speaker I’ve ever owned and that not all recordings are created equal. I think I have plenty of power and my electronics are quality (Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/ Herron Audio VTPH-2A phono preamp). I tried an EQ awhile back but it seemed to kill the sound stage and flattened things a bit. Didn’t like it. 
I suspect the Rogue CMII pairing your B&W's isn't ideal.  To my ears KT120 amps tend to sound bright and a more sensitive speaker (than 88dB) may also coax a tad more rich tube sound from the same amp.  Can you roll tubes in that amp? I think the first generation CM came with EL34's which would be a sound I'd prefer but again, probably not with those sepakers.
For somewhat less bright and still very detailed, as well as excellent looking, check out Salk speakers.  There's a recent thread where a member went through a number of options before arriving at Salks.  Worth checking out.
@ PAULGARDNER, Yes they are bright. But they call it "high resolution". The word resolution sounds better. But the speakers sound bright..
@three_easy_payments 

I do believe I can roll the power tubes in this amp. I have already rolled the small tubes to a Brimer and Gold Lions. Would rolling the power tubes really make a sonic difference? If so, what would be a good tube to consider for this amp? Thanks!
The middle front small tube makes the biggest difference.  You could have gone the whole hog with Mullard NOS for that one.  Having owned the Cronus II for a while and having swapped in new power tubes, I don't believe you'll achieve the kind of sonic transformation you need to change the sound of the B&Ws sufficiently, which are, yes, notoriously bright.
@twoleftears fair enough. So should I be looking at different speakers or is there an amp upgrade to consider that would change the sonic signature of the B&Ws?
Neither Thiels or B&W diamonds are "notoriously bright". If the equipment feeding them is second rate and you play crappy recordings, both brands will show you the error of your ways. Accurate not bright.
To me, the Joseph Audio Pulsar is an all-around better speaker than the 805d3, and it’d probably match better with your amp too.  I’d suggest listening to a pair if you haven’t.  Best of luck. 
I have a b&w asw 2000 subwoofer, a 12 inch beast, next to my 804 d3’s and that tends to balance out high end.  Not sure if low end of bass is all that strong on the 804s.  
You can go in one of two directions...warmer amp or different speakers.  

The Cronus is wonderful but it is not known for its warmth.  Rogue gear is brilliant (I own a Hydra) but the relatively linear nature of its sound means if will leave the 805 D3s a little bright.  

You could look at either VTL or VAC as really good options for warmer sounding integrated amps that will soften the sound of those B&Ws.  Another option would be look at a hybrid integrated like the AVM Evolution A 5.2.  It has a tube input stage that will warm the sound with a neutral SS output stage.  Naim and Pass would be other really good options for SS gear.  

For speakers, i would encourage you to look at my (Verdant Audio) Nightshade Speakers.  They are incredibly revealing but aren't quite as bright as the 805 D3s.  Another customer bought them on here recently and there is a review at Shoestring Audiophile.  Others coming.  

http://theshoestringaudiophile.com/dark-and-handsome-verdant-audio-nightshade-speakers/

Another brilliant option would be something like the Spendor D7.2. For a smallish floorstander, it delivers a natural sound but is unbelievably revealing and should work well with the Cronus. 

I offer a 30 day in-home trial on my speakers and will take your B&Ws on trade vs. my speakers or the Spendors if you find them interesting.  I am also an AVM dealer and would take your Cronus on trade vs. an AVM 5.2.  

PM me if you are interested in any of these options.  
Another consideration is the Proac D2 if you want to stick with monitors or the larger Proac floor standers if you have the room and the budget for them. They are easier to drive than 805D3 and bit more forgiving too.