Alternative speaker suggestion to B&W 805d3

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805d3. They are the nicest speaker I've ever owned. I have had many "lesser" B&W models in the past. In fact it's the only brand of speaker I've ever owned. I love how they look (especially the 805's),  and they sound great. BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker. Even with a pair of REL subs, some recordings can get fatiguing and to sound far too sharp. I really do love the detail but it can get to be a bit much sometimes. Other recordings sound absolutely incredible through these speakers. I'm wondering if there's another speaker I should try? I'm open to going to a floor standing speaker too. The Dali Epicon 6 looks great, Thoughts?
paulgardner
@twoleftears fair enough. So should I be looking at different speakers or is there an amp upgrade to consider that would change the sonic signature of the B&Ws?
Neither Thiels or B&W diamonds are "notoriously bright". If the equipment feeding them is second rate and you play crappy recordings, both brands will show you the error of your ways. Accurate not bright.
To me, the Joseph Audio Pulsar is an all-around better speaker than the 805d3, and it’d probably match better with your amp too.  I’d suggest listening to a pair if you haven’t.  Best of luck. 
I have a b&w asw 2000 subwoofer, a 12 inch beast, next to my 804 d3’s and that tends to balance out high end.  Not sure if low end of bass is all that strong on the 804s.