- How important is it for you to attain a holographic image? (rvpiano)(twoleftears)
I'm OK with it being a parlor trick; I don't care how the effect is produced, so long as it's there. Generally will settle for good 2D, as stereo ...
- Does anyone care to ask an amplifier designer a technical question? My door is open. (ramtubes)(fleschler)
My pre-amps are unusual in many ways as they use only six subminiature tubes, are a voltage regulated design with no fuse/breaker necessary and hav...
- refresh paintwork for Merlin VSM (andreagcv8)(andreagcv8)
Thank you brad, I know about Rich and if I could I would send speakers to him. But I live in Italy.....I only need to know if it is possible (and ...
- Turntable got absolutely crushed by CD (chadsort)(fleschler)
jafant - Marston records can be found at https://www.marstonrecords.com/ He has won Grammys for his work on other labels and does many Naxos label ...
- Best bookshelf speakers (stuff_jones)(anonymous-vn)
A pretty many topics of interest, but I do not know what bookshelf speakers are? Can somebody please tell me?
- Whats playing on your system today? (nutty)(janewyman)
Leo Kottke, "Dreams And All That Stuff".
- How important is it for you to attain a holographic image? (rvpiano)(lowrider57)
It's true that a live classical performance is not holographic, but with good acoustics it does sound layered. That's why I dislike many modern clo...
- No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need (b4icu)(b4icu)
Let's make it correct. About difficult or simple it is not for us to say. The basics of electricity are way different than what you suggest. Audio ...
- RMS Power? (kijanki)(ramtubes)
@kijanki Al, I was right (he is not going to get it). RMS value of ANY sinusoidal waveform, having peak at 200 (of any unit) is 141 (of the same un...
- Classical Recordings from the Golden Age (goofyfoot)(lowrider57)
Wasn't aware of the RCO anthologies. Looks good.They go way back... https://www.allmusic.com/album/anthology-of-the-royal-concertgebouw-orchestra-v...