- What is most important part of a system? (celo)(bigkidz)
randy-11I am not likely to let big kidz anywhere near my system. I like this!czarivey If there's a $35k budget for DAC, why not try $250 DAC and...
- Equipment Rack (ricred1)(geoffkait)
Huh? I never said any such thing. It’s because of the ground borne vibration that EVERYTHING must be isolated.
- I need a good Preamp (wemfan)(wemfan)
Really I don't know. I have had little experience with higher end gear so the Mac preamp and the Krells sound really good to my ears. The Krells so...
- Source Mod or Preamp? (cisgo)(randy-11)
my choice has been to get a used ARC pre-ampDACs evolve at a rapid rate but a good pre-amp will last years before a really significant upgrade in S...
- It is a good idea to purchase a vintage tube pre-amp. (faust168)(bigkidz)
For the money buy an old counterpoint SA-2000 and send it to me for upgrading. Volume control, caps, new resistors, I will incorporate tube rectif...
- How often do you clean cables? And which types do you clean most often? (sun-warrior)(randy-11)
Deoxit is goodGold plate is a worthwhile addition to a cableGolden Retriever slobber will work wondersclean the dog every 6 months to a year; clean...
- Tekton Electron has been released (roxy54)(roxy54)
Jetter,What is it that bothers you about the distance between the lower midrange and the upper woofer? Are you assuming that it will cause a sonic ...
- Too Much Power? (northernfox)(randy-11)
"people being depressed by the sound" of their audio system is a first world problem
- How many shipments can audio equipment survive? (blang11)(randy-11)
an iPhone has an accelerometer in it...so, you could find an app that records it and then ship the iPhone in a box to find out what is likely to ha...
- Synergistic Red Fuse ... (oregonpapa)(geoffkait)
jetterThank you Geoff, it is a solon's highest honor to serve.No problem, Jitter. Thank you for the solonoscopy.