- Golden ear triton 1 vs tekton double impact speakers (tooth2th)(jmontoya21)
I never heard the triton but I just picked up a set of Tekton double impacts that will replace my Tekton Lore, after all the nearly 100% praise fro...
- 8K for a one-time listen? (chayro)(jonasandezekiel)
I wonder how these would sound on my old Spiderman turntable.Seriously though, would one make a good investment, to positively soak the hell out of...
- Audiophiles are not alone (billstevenson)(geoffkait)
jssmithYou can’t fool blind results. Take your biases and other senses out of the equation and you’re left with just the sound. Blind tests have sa...
- HYPEX,PASCAL OR ABLETEC (noble100)(celo)
After all these years and more advanced technology (doesn't necessarily mean a better sound), wanted to ask if anyone can compare the older Bel Can...
- Phonostage (mewsickbuff)(alexgla)
I had manged to accomplish reasonable quality with Grado gold MM cartrige and Furutech GT40 phonostage. My equipment is:1.Turntable Technics SLD22....
- What are you using to rip your cds to a hard drive? (kenrus)(earthtones)
I use a Bluesound Vault 2 to rip to Flac. Played back through my Vault or one of my Nodes, it sounds much better than any of my CD players, which a...
- Speaker match for PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated? (leotis)(aniwolfe)
4 ohm tap sounds better to me in my system as well.I use triode mode for certain styles of music(acoustic guitar, vocal oriented) and UL for other ...
- Duelund DCA16GA (santodx5)(mitch2)
I have terminated many of the WE wires (same tinned copper type wire) and prefer soldered connections for the tinned wire because the tinned coatin...
- What are some of the downsides of owning a Magneplanar .7 or 1.7i ? (sunnyjim)(corelli)
I owned the 1.7's for almost 5 yrs and really liked them. They float a (too?) big soundstage and have that open sound I love.I was shocked when I ...
- MQA according to new Stereophile "loudness button" and "tweaking EQ in presence region" (emailists)(shadorne)
@brianlucey +1 Harmonic content and low midsAs a listener that is what I care most about in the work that you professionals do.ATC 150ASL are nice ...