Alternative speaker suggestion to B&W 805d3

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805d3. They are the nicest speaker I've ever owned. I have had many "lesser" B&W models in the past. In fact it's the only brand of speaker I've ever owned. I love how they look (especially the 805's),  and they sound great. BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker. Even with a pair of REL subs, some recordings can get fatiguing and to sound far too sharp. I really do love the detail but it can get to be a bit much sometimes. Other recordings sound absolutely incredible through these speakers. I'm wondering if there's another speaker I should try? I'm open to going to a floor standing speaker too. The Dali Epicon 6 looks great, Thoughts?
paulgardner
My 804D3 are not "bright". They're just incredibly good at revealing how lousy an album was recorded in the first place. Also, make sure your amp has enough power.
The electronics can make or break a B&W D3 speaker.  Your electronics could be very bright.  If you don't want to look at replacing electronics, take a look at Sonus Faber speakers.  They are more forgiving on bright electronics and still sound very good.
+1  harbeths

harbeths (and also spendors) are indeed the classy antidote to ’too bright for their own good’ speakers like b&w, kef, atc, totem and so many others

Have you tried tone control? Why don't you start with the easiest thing you can try, rather than considering a new pair of speakers. No, I am not a purist who doesn't believe in tone control. :) Good luck.