The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Boa2, thanks for offering the benefit of the doubt, humor, and straightforward expression of the issue. Deception is likely a bigger issue on forums than I considered. I am on a number of Yahoo audio-related forums and have always used my name. Years later, when I opened a store, I disclosed this as well.

My future alternative moniker might have to be a bit more creative than my name:-)).

Best to all,
Ron
Dear Boa2.
I new only on this forum.I am quite well versed with what you are indicating on other forums.It is just that I have learnt to ignore such small issues and enjoy audio discussions more.If a person has an opinion, commercial or not, just take it,how to use it is entirely upto you.Besides a person like yourself is extremely intelligent and will automatically know what to to ignore.I too will look under a lot of couches.hehehe.
Cheers.
If anyone accidentally purchased a pair based on Ron
Lapporte's insidious and devious ploy to sell Rockport speakers, I will purchase them from them as an effort to bring balance to the universe.

Seriously, if you're in the market for speakers in the 10k
plus price range, then go hear the lineup.

I love my Hyperions, and the Arrakis could be an even bigger leap forward.
Dear Skull,when you do take that leap,please donate to the needy, your hyperions that is, I am in the line here first.
:-)))).Cheers
An earlier post declared the best speaker was, "no speaker. it's ive music." I used to agree, typos aside. That is, until this last weekend. I went to Jim Salk's house to audition a pair of his Veracity HT3s. After listening for a bit, I came to the conclusion that they are better than live. Or at least what live SHOULD sound like, were it properly miced, set-up, and amped. They magically fill the room with high resolution, no distortion, crystal clear music. Exquisite and incomparable - both in sound and asthetics.