The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I have absolutely no problem disclosing in my posts that I am a dealer and I will again say, to all, that I meant no deception.
I'm sure this was the case, Ron. It might help you to know that quite a few of us are sensitive to the issue of disclosure, as some have gone as far as using alternate monikers in order to anonymously plug the products they sell. So, thanks for being so forthright. Glad to have you around. And if I find $150K under my couch cushions, I will contact you for a serious audition of those speakers. :-)))

Sphere, I hear what you're saying. And as someone new to these forums, you should know that a dealer's disclosure is ALWAYS expected here. As I mention above, quite a few have gone to great attempts to keep that relationship hidden, using friends and multiple Audiogon monikers to do so. And it's not OK.
Boa2, thanks for offering the benefit of the doubt, humor, and straightforward expression of the issue. Deception is likely a bigger issue on forums than I considered. I am on a number of Yahoo audio-related forums and have always used my name. Years later, when I opened a store, I disclosed this as well.

My future alternative moniker might have to be a bit more creative than my name:-)).

Best to all,
Ron
Dear Boa2.
I new only on this forum.I am quite well versed with what you are indicating on other forums.It is just that I have learnt to ignore such small issues and enjoy audio discussions more.If a person has an opinion, commercial or not, just take it,how to use it is entirely upto you.Besides a person like yourself is extremely intelligent and will automatically know what to to ignore.I too will look under a lot of couches.hehehe.
Cheers.
If anyone accidentally purchased a pair based on Ron
Lapporte's insidious and devious ploy to sell Rockport speakers, I will purchase them from them as an effort to bring balance to the universe.

Seriously, if you're in the market for speakers in the 10k
plus price range, then go hear the lineup.

I love my Hyperions, and the Arrakis could be an even bigger leap forward.
Dear Skull,when you do take that leap,please donate to the needy, your hyperions that is, I am in the line here first.
:-)))).Cheers