Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
I’m listening to ‘Citizen Steely Dan’ on my Cambridge CXC through a CX61, into Klipsch R28fs, and a Klipsch SPL-120.  I’m a little high on some Gorilla Glue, and a couple glasses of wine.  System sounds super special tonight.  
The Stooges, Live At Goose Lake - August 8th, 1970
- Also "I wanna be your Dog" - I believe it only has 3 cords... maybe 4? Memorable though. There is only one Iggy!

N
Just received this in the mail today:

Vasser Clements, John Hartford, Dave Holland S/T. Rounder Records 1985

Cassette

Interesting to see Dave with these two. Very nice addition to the collection!
Pretty far out Nutty.

Crazy World of Arthur Brown was indeed pretty crazy.

Good stuff
I see one of our esteemed members even got one of my music posts removed from yesterday. Thanks very much, truly appreciated.
Poi Dog Pondering - Wishing Like a Mountain and Thinking Like the Sea. Columbia 1990. Their Austin years.

Cassette
El Loco .... Zz top.

Cassette.

Brian.
Nah, only 676 according to Discogs.

Stereo5.
I have no idea what's up with that but I think "esteemed" would not be the verbiage I would be employing.😁
Beck - Morning Phase.

Just recently discovered this. Listening to it every day. I'm just blown away. I'm a sucker for echo chamber. Very mature. Introspective. I can hear lots of stuff in it. Simon and Garfunkel, Grateful Dead, Astral Weeks to name a few. Some of it borders on Gregorian. Hypnotic. It is also a cohesive album not just a collection of songs. They're different but they work together in the order they are presented. A lot like Astral Weeks.

Hi-res streaming SQ is good. Could have been better though.

Funny thing is, I'm going back and listening to his other stuff and it just doesn't click for me.
n80,
He’s great, isn’t he? I love that recording too. He’s in a way like the anti-Dylan to me. He understands that melodies matter, and that keeping variety in instrumentation and contrasting textures and colors helps to tell the story and make music emotional and engaging. Never boring.
Another thumbs up for "Morning Phase"

Lucinda Williams / Ghosts of highway 20 
Sounds like I will have to go back and listen to Morning Phase.
I tried other Beck stuff and it left me cold.
Maybe that is the one.
Paul Simon-The Rhythm Of The Saints(CD)

Very hypnotic and relaxing at low volume. Great way to end a vinyl night.
The Tragically Hip - Day and Night Half Speed Mastering.  Excellent recording. Reasonably priced at Amazon, get it before it runs out.   
Yes, Close To The Edge -
For those interested, - Steven Wilson used the original multi-track recordings to produce a "2013 stereo mix", a 5.1 surround sound mix, and an "original stereo mix" from a flat transfer of the LP, in both a CD and DVD-Audio and CD and Blu-ray Disc package. Bonus tracks include single edits, an early rough mix of "Close to the Edge", and instrumental versions of the album’s three tracks.[nb 6]

N
Hi @nutty - 
Yes-Close To The Edge probably a top 5 favorite "pop" recording for me.  I have too many flawed versions but the 2013 Steve Wilson "remix" on a UHQCD from Japan put an end to the search; finally the excellent sonics the music always deserved. 
Just about ANYTHING Steven Wilson has touched turns to audio gold.
I have all of his remastered King Crimson and Porcupine Tree works in DVD-A and they are works of sonic art.
His Jethro Tull remasters are supposed to be equally blessed so I can see how the Yes album in question will also be spectacular.
@uberwaltz, I am interested to see what you think of Morning Phase. It is certainly a contemplative album, not a rocker.

@mapman I feel the same way about most of Beck's other stuff. I just don't really get it. Sea Change is not bad but does not pull me in the way Morning Phase does.

@stereo5 Me too. Apparently his father helped do the arrangements of the orchestral pieces. Maybe that helped guide the cohesiveness of Morning Phase as there are recurring instrumental themes through the album.
Working through some of my more questionable cassette tapes.

Quite a few are headed to eBay!

This one though while not my first choice is very well recorded and gets to stay.

The Best of Bread.
Carp.
By far and away the best speakers I have owned.
Just do everything right but it seems their specialty is imaging.
With the right recording they just disappear.
And even with a poor recording they are still very listenable.

Until at least 5 Powerball numbers come up they are keepers.