Teres 265 or 320 vs. Sota Cosmos

I am looking at picking up a new Turntable. As of right now I'm guessing either would be equipped with a Triplaner arm and the ZYX Airy 2.

BUT anyway has anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison between these models? What differences did you notice, and how would you compare them?

Any insight would be appreciated!
128x128nrchy
Welcome to the Teres club.

You'll eventually want to get your Belt Makers merit badge.

www.mccormicksnet.com
#6002006 1/2 in. x 100' Holographic Accent Tape, which, iirc, is mylar. Several prefer mylar over vhs leader tape.

then its on to:

http://www.mvipro.com/splicingblock.html
for a 1/2-inch tape splicing block - a sharp razor is included.

Finished off with 3M clear box tape which is thin enough to work well as a splicing tab.

And would that be a 320?
I got an e-mail from Steve, the Teres should be here Friday. It will be a welcome relief to the stress of the last week...
Actually the Teres will have a number of different belts, since he experimented with almost anything a person can imagine, and I'm not just talking about belts!!!
Why, it's the Perfect Sound Forever Machine of course!

Someone else posted that here once, I forget who though.

BTW, if your friend's Teres doesn't have the latest, 2 mil thick clear drive belt then get one before making any evaluations. It makes a huge improvement in dynamics/PRaT for no cost.
Doug, what is a PFSM?

I talked to a fellow AudiogoNer and he agreed to send me his Teres to listen to and compare to my Cosmos. I also have another slightly older Cosmos in the system right now. It has an SME V and a Shelter 501 cartridge. It should be fun to sit down and do some serious comparisons between the three.

More to come in January on my little tease from October...
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." W.B. Yeats, "The Second Coming"

As an ancient and grizzled audionphile, with more money and brains, and even less of the former than the latter (which takes some doing), I am always amazed at the ferocity of the comments in these forums. Surely, one can enjoy the music with a minimal system that one could fish out of a dumpster, which was in fact the source of my first turntable. Should not the comments at least be civil? And, is it not the object of any forum to engage in disinterested discourse to discover the facts of the matter, if these can be established, which in the present instance I doubt because the variables are almost infinite? It is not a question whether X, or Y, or Z is "correct," but whether one can arrive at some simulacrum of the "truth" to the extent that it can be known.
Nrchy,when you have everything back,and you are a happy camper,again,I'll offer you a tip as to how to coax a nice improvement,from a two dollar investment.This involves the SOTA reflex clamp,which has not been changed since it's inception,yet I have been at work,in my "tweakspace",and have come up with a nice(as in audible improvement)mod to it,brought about by the rediculously expensive Shun Mook clamp review!!
I talked to Donna today. Kirk will be working on the table this weekend. Hopefully everything will be in place in the next few days.
Larry,without getting too nuts,regarding a pricey aftermarket interconnect for the REL/neutric connection lead,I ordered,from "The Cable CO",an XLO dedicated sub cable(to replace the stock unit).They had a deal going,as they had XLO make these specifically for REL units.I only paid 196 bucks,and the 15 ft cable looks to be of a much more costly persuasion.Simply amazing construction,for the money.Now,as to the sound,as compared to the stock cable.CLEARLY better defined and deeper bass.I'm not going to jump through hoops and go overboard here,but the difference is clearly superior to the stock.At the price I paid it was a no brainer.There are other companies selling much pricier dedicated woof cables,but the XLO's construction,and sound has closed the door for me.If you want to check it out,Cable CO has a free audition policy,where you pay shipping,only.Their phone # is 1-800-fat-wyre.PS--I,also replaced the stock PC with a PS AUDIO PLUS cord(1 meter).I got it for 160 bucks.Not as dramatic as the interconnest,but definitely better than the stock.

Best regards.
Sirspeedy,
I have the stock interconnects on my REL Stentor III. I am extremely limited in the flexibility in the placement of my Sub. It is now sitting about 1 foot off the left side wall and 3 feet off the front left corner (corner is odd shaped and hard to describe).
I know that I could have improved results from better positioning, but it is impossible in my current room.
Rgds,
Larry
Heh,heh,heh!!--Regardless of my potential perceived eccentricity,re:fluid,I DO have "that one" down to a science BTW--Larry,where do you position your REL.Also,do you run an aftermarket interconnect,on it.I simply want to compare notes,as I may be playing around with my sub/set-up,a little!

On an interesting LP note:if anyone can find the EMI pressing of the Shankar Cto for Sitar and Orch.,with Previn conducting the LSO,it will be quite rewarding.A really different,yet accessible piece,with fabulous dynamics.

Also,on the RCA classic film score series,all are really desireable,yet the disc titled--Sunset BLVD:the music of Franz Waxman--has a very "consonant"(not too weird for you,Cello),yet ground breaking band titled "Bride of Frankenstein:Creation of the Female Monster" that is INCREDIBLE!!!Trust me on this one.My pal Sid turned me on to this,and if you don't want any kids to bug you on Halloween,just pump this "corker" with the window open,a bit.It is very accessible,beautiful scoring, stunning dynamics,and very well orchestrated.I have the U.S. pressing,which is quite good,but the British pressing is the ONE to have.Of course my pal Sid has the Brit,and I hate him for it.Well he did give me the U.S. pressing for free,so I hate him just a bit.A MUST audition!!

Best to all!
Gentlemen, those of you still sober enough to read this anyway... : )

I shipped three boxes to Sota this morning. Went to one of those shipping places to make sure everythiung was good. They guy did not instill much confindence. He asked me if I thought the boxes could be dropped from five feet without incurring damage!?! WTFrog???

Anyway they should blow into the windy city tomorrow. Kirk said they would go to the front of the line. I hope he's there to do the work.

I bought my tickets to Denver for the RMAF and I'm holding right now for the hotel reservation.

Cello, sounds like a reunion! AP, vetterone, and hopefully Lugnut will all be there. Whose turn is it for dinner?
Sirspeedy
The wines will taste fine for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They might impair our collective ability to ascertain the ideal amount of damping fluid for a Graham 2.2.
Rgds,
Larry
Larry,I wonder how good those fine wines would taste,while auditioning a 340 or 360 mounted with two particular arms/cartridges, as noted previously?I truly would not care that it was offered up at only 10:00 am!!Maybe we could throw in some turkey leftovers!Assuming you can still stand me,by then!!

Sirspeedy,
Try a bottle of David Bruce Pinot Noir (there are 3 bottlings at different price points and all three are good)and let me know how you like it.
Rgds,
Larry
Nrchy,though you have to be quite frustrated,as of now,I can promise you that you will be laughing (well maybe just frowning)at all this, come the holiday season,which is the heart of listening season,for me.

I,too had to re-pack my analog set-up last year.Ask CELLO how I expressed my emotions at that time,and I didn't even know him well,then.I HATED to have to break down the arm/table,and rebox it all.I went through about 6 of my tennis sweatbands,during the ordeal,and it IS an ORDEAL.To me,an afternoon's work,during the NFL season,should be spent watching my Jets & Giants giving me aggravation,NOT my stereo!!

The good news is that Kirk IS a really caring guy,and definitely WILL solve your problem,and fast.He is not a "sell and forget the customer" kind of person.I have come to know him well,over the years.My set-up came back to me in meticulous condition,with additional attention payed to areas that were not even my concern,originally,yet brought a greater degree of performance to my rig,once I was able to get my hands on it again.Though it may seem silly for me to state the following,you will be a "fabulously happy",when all is done.Then I can start bugging you about the "umbilical" issue.

My friends that have owned VPI's over the years,have had plenty of similar types of problems.Also,in their case as in yours,the problems were solved,and the anger/frustration subsided.I know mine did,last year,so I know EXACTLY how you feel now,yet I also know how you will feel,in about a month!!Welcome to the world of analog,with all the little("BIG",actually)micro adjustments that ultimately enhance the listening experience.It is a real reward for those who stick it out.Everyone else,who usually can't cope,and go 100% cd,can send me their LP's!!

Nate,I will buy a bottle of a nice Pinoit Noir,this week,and crack it open,in your honor,when you finally report back,as to how happy you finally are!!

Best of luck!!Now I'm going out to an extended lunch,and read my new issue of Hi-Fi Plus,don't tell my co-workers!
I'm at about 75% myself Nate. I am really motivated though. Sorry I cannot promise. You know how it is.
My wife was the one who brought it up this time. She knows I want to go, and even Larry has asked about dates and so forth.

I was checking flights this AM, so I'm about 75% sure that I will attend. Your confirmation might be the push I need! : ) What's the word?
Doug, actually the spindle to pivot dimension is off more than 2mm. I think it is closer to 4mm which could go a long way to correcting the armlift overhang issue.

I don't doubt that Kirk will take care of all these details, so I'm not worried (right now) about having to deal with 'a sale gone bad.' Isn't that a video series???

Pat with the floating subchassis there is no suspension adjustment. We'll take a look at it at the RMAF so you can see what I mean!
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

Nate, sorry to learn of all these problems. As you described to me yesterday the clearance issue should be an easy fix. If the spindle to hole distance is off though it must be corrected to fully enjoy the synergy of that wonderful arm and cartridge combination. As an owner of a suspended table I must say that suspension adjustment is something SOTA should instruct their owners on doing themselves.

In any case, you will be richly rewarded and the time you spend in waiting will quickly fade away once you start listening to it. Hang in there!!
The entire works is boxed up and awaiting shipping back to Sota,

That certainly seems like the best course given the circumstances.

They claim this arm works with this table. Let them make it so. If they can't, I'd expect a full refund on the table. They'd owe you that after all this aggravation.

P.S. Make sure they fix the spindle-to-pivot error too. Could that be the cause of your arm/plinth collision problem? If the arm were 2mm closer to the spindle would it clear the plinth?
Sirspeedy, Sota uses the TriPlanar with the Cosmos and the Millenia. My concern is that the suspension is hanging too low from the chassis. If the sub-chassis sat up higher there would be no issue, but at the same time I doubt that Kirk has the same issue with his own display models.

Doug, you are correct in your assesment of the Cosmos construction. The floating sub-chassis which contains the platter, and the armboard is hung from the main or outer portion of the chassis.

The arm lift assembly is actually sitting on top of the chassis when the VTA is set anywhere near it's intended location.

The entire works is boxed up and awaiting shipping back to Sota, where I hope Kirk will find something obvious that I did wrong, or something wrong in construction that we be rectified.

Hope for the best and expect the worst...
Nate, two questions:

1. The Cosmos picture on the SOTA website shows the arm mounting area is actually recessed into the plinth. Is yours like that?

2. If so, is it a case of the arm hitting the edge of that plinth cutout when you try to lower the VTA tower?

Doug
Nrchy,to me this is simply amazing!!I had the exact same problem,when first ordering my Triplaner/Cosmos,some time ago.I "freaked out"(my dealer was supposed to check out compatability here,and did not).What I ultimately had to do,was to have Triplaner(Herb Papier,at the time) make me a spacer,that went between the arm's headshell and cartridge.This allowed for vta adjustments,but added unwanted mass.I had always felt that the Triplaner was not such a hot "fit" for the Cosmos,but as you say,Sota does use it at trade shows,but it may be fitted on a Millenia.

In any case I don't want to alarm you.You have paid good money for your stuff,and ANY good dealer/manufacturer should take responsibility for any potential problems.Especially if you had mentioned to them the combo of arm/table you preferred.The audiophile community is a small one,and you should exercise your right to have this problem solved quickly,and to your satisfaction.

Don't do as I did,and wait 2-3 years before you realized that you could not extract optimum performance, from a front end that should be nearly state of the art.Kirk is a truly great guy,and will bend over backwards to try to help you.I think,as in my situation your dealer(for the arm) is responsible for making sure of no problems,in matching arm/table here.LEAN on him a bit.If he's worth his weight then he should solve your problem,and fast.It is NOT up to you to do the legwork,after spending audio "big bucks".

I wish you the best,and you can communicate your concerns any time.Also,it would not hurt if you were to indicate,to any dealer/type seller,of your analog rig,that you have more than a few interested parties(in your dilemma),on the web.That should send a message!!
I have found and eliminated a series of problems. The issue currently is that the arm lift assembly is sitting on top of the Cosmos chassis when the VTA is correct. To raise the arm enough requires me to set the VTA too high. I have been in contact with Kirk and am waiting his response as we speak.

There is very little bass present in the set up right now. I know that the cartridge has a ways to go before it is able to reproduce good deep bass, but still...

I would appreciate any insight you might offer. I know this is not just a mismatch between the TriPlanar and the Cosmos since Sota uses the same combination at CES and other venues. I'm at a loss.
Nrchy,Could you elaborate as to what the current problem is.If any.As someone who went through a wait,last year,I may be able to offer some help/support!
Patience! Take your time! (I'm trying to be being positive here) IMLE, it's usually something I overlooked.
There's nothing good to report right now, thus the silence. Something is not right.
Nate,

I've been waiting patiently for a short report but you must be glued to the sweet spot! I know your table is on a par with some of the best and that arm and cartridge will stun you right out of the box. Your phono stage is very, very good as well and is a keeper. My guess is that you'll post or call when you pick your chin up off the floor. Maybe there's a chiropractic manipulation that'll help.... ;)
Yo Nate,
Think you will get any sleep tonight.......? Not likely my friend.
Perhaps you should send the wife off to stay with friends so as not to disturb her sleep.
We are all expecting regular updates with your progress/reactions (hourly upon the hour will be sufficient).
Congratulations after a long and anxious wait.
Rgds,
Larry
Just a brief update, I got three boxes from Sota today. I'm looking at them right now. I will be here at work for many hours, but I'm pretty excited to get home and start putting things together.

Thanks for the help earlier on in this thread everyone.
Tom, I have been remiss. I should have called you a couple of months ago when I noticed your absence.
I consided the MX, but Bobby said that the MM would work best for my system for the money. We do not want the high gloss finish. If you look at my room, which is living room/listening room you will see that the fireplace is flat black and my wife did not want a glossy black finish in the room. WAF!!!
Cheers
Bryan
Hi Nate,
Hope you are having a nice holiday weekend.
I have backed off quite a bit on my posting over the last couple of months because frankly I'm burned out a bit.
Bryan,
Did you consider going for the MX version? I am told the MX is a nice bump up from the MM but I have only heard the MX. You are fortunate with the timing of your purchase and now will be getting the newer version of the BAM.
Do let us know when you get the Merlin's in and how you like them. Do not begin to judge them until you hit 200 hours (and they continue to break-in after 200 hours). They change dramatically for the better with break-in.
Rgds
Larry
Paul

+++I agree with you. But till three days ago something happen with the Koetsu subject on my system: stay tunned.+++

You have me hooked, what up with the Koetsu.

+++The Merlins are great speakers I hope your OTL can do a good match with the " electric impedance curve " of the speakers.+++

I talked to Bobby P. at Merlin and he said that the Atma-Sphere will work great. He used OLTs to demo his speakers at shows. I also have a pair of Paul Speltz Autoformers.

+++Merlins with a pair of subwoofers in a true stereo integration, you will have a system that will be very hard to surpass at any price+++

I am using a REL Strata III now with my Reference 3A de capo i, I will keep it till the Merlins arrive. If they do not give me enought deep bass with the BAM I will user it in my system.
Thanks for the links
Regards
Bryan
Dear Bryan: +++++ " I had a Koetsu Rosewood Sign. before. The Airy 3 is miles ahead of the KRS .." +++++

I agree with you. But till three days ago something happen with the Koetsu subject on my system: stay tunned.

The Merlins are great speakers I hope your OTL can do a good match with the " electric impedance curve " of the speakers.

Now if you can mate the Merlins with a pair of subwoofers in a true stereo integration, you will have a system that will be very hard to surpass at any price: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1117893153&openflup&27&4#27 and http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1117893153&openflup&31&4#31

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Geetings Larry
I got the silver coil .24 output. Sounds wouderful, works very well with my Morch DP-6 arm.
Cheers
Bryan
Bryan,
Did you get the copper or silver coil version of the Airy3. Congratulations on a nice system. You will love the Merlins. Do count on the Merlins taking a long time to break in.
Rgds,
Larry
This has been a great read. Much more entertaining then watching the late evening news. I must confess up front I own a ZYX Airy 3. I had a Koetsu Rosewood Sign. before. The Airy 3 is miles ahead of the KRS in musicality and inner detail. Dealing with Mehran @ SORAsound was nothing short of a great joy.
I have been on a musical journey for over 28 years. This has been one of the best years, and the ZYX Airy 3 has been part of it.
One of my favorite LPs is Ray Brown & L. Almeida, one the first cut of Mondscheinsonate/Round about Midnight Ray comes in with a VERY deep bass note that almost drives me off my chair.
I have also just order a pair of Merlins VSM-MM speaker to go with my OTLs.
Thanks again for the entertainments.
Cheers
BryanP
Raul,I was beginning to question if you had a sense of humor.Happy you got a good laugh!!
Dear Sirspeedy: I love your post !!. Makes me laugh ( in the best way ) and makes my day a best one.

Stay tunned !!

Raul.
Raul,you remind me of my daughter,as I'm currently giving her driving lessons.No matter what I tell her,as she is behind the wheel,she ALWAYS has some kind of comeback answer.I can never win,with her!

It was not really necessary for you to respond to my post,but you seem to have to justify everything with your own "take".Let's get something straight.I have ALWAYS liked you,and your posts.I'm not trying to even argue with you.I have always been a bit surprised as to the somewhat nasty attitude some have to your posts,but,you are a really good soldier(much better than me),and continue to preach your audio philosophy.That's great!!

I'm not really all that PURE!Sometimes I re-read some of my posts and cannot believe just how obnoxious I must seem to some.Maybe I'm a bit insecure.My intentions are,also good,but,I'm just making general observations.On subjects that interest me.I'm not trying,as you seem to be(and that's a good thing,for you)to direct some hobbyists to make different buying decisions,based on my tastes.What do I know?And who am I to think I can be well received,by others,as the "Audio Police".The vast majority of "these" people know their stuff!

I'm NOT hinting that you are anything other than a knowledgeable, WELL MEANING and good natured hobbyist,but as I suspected,you are NOT a testing laboratory.Everyone has their own set of tastes,and you have to be KIDDING me if you think the average reader of these threads does not research product before making a buying decision.Have you seen the prices of,even,the cheap stuff?Sure there is always the person with a few extra bucks,that can afford to make a mistake,and buy on emotion,but I'll bet 99.9 percent of us do not!!You can "save"the occassional one who swerves off course,but I don't feel I have that responsibility,here in this forum.I,also have no desire to acquire new products,as you like to do(you will get a UNIV,for your collection,if you like the design improvements,in the future?).You have to be kidding me!If you feel that you "like everything almost perfect,but are not obsessed",and really feel the need to get a UNIV(with the collection you already have),if it pans out to really be great(something I really have no idea of,and that was not my original point anyway),then I have to let you in on a little secret Raul.You ARE obsessed.And coming from another obsessed hobbyist(me),that's just fine with me!Now,go take your wife out for a nice dinner.She must really love you.Mine?She's ready to kill me if I spend anymore on audio!Trust me,if you don't hear from me,in the future,you'll know what happened!!

I'm here to have a good bit of fun.Learn a few things(even if I don't initially admit it).Correspond with some nice people(like you).And what I have come to like the most,and will be planning more "surprise strikes" in the future---giving Larry a hard time!!I haven't even touched upon his,admitted,bright sounding listening room!!

Dear Sir5speedy: Like you ( I like everything almost perfect but I'm not obsessed about. I like to have time to enjoy the music ) I'm " always " looking for a " tweaks/up-grade " for to have a better quality music reproduction ( btw, you have to try the V-caps in all your audio items. Recomended !!! ). But I'm very " lucky " about because till today, during the voicing after the up-grade , I never have the necessity to do a change in the cartridge mounting parameters ( exception when I change a tonearm/cartridge combination ) and always could " know " for sure if that " up-grade/tweak " was really an improvement and enjoy it or not.

+++++ " Raul,based on my initial question,and your honest response to me,I can surmise that it isn't really fair for you to dismiss the ZYX UNIV cartridge( " +++++

I respect you point of view and here I remember what you already post on this thread:

+++++ " the hobby,and equally extensive experience gives him the confidence to make these statements.We,others ,on the otherhand,are free to NOT agree,and Raul is equally free to offer his opinions.Some will be correct,and some not. " +++++

Your final statements on your last post are a universal ones and there are more issues to add about. But what tell me those statements ?: that we can't do any statement over any subject because there are too many differents " issues " between two peoples and between two audio systems ? . Come on Sirspeedy !!!!!

+++++ " since they spent their own money on it ... " +++++

Sirspeedy I know that . Larry, Doug or any other happy ZYX owner my next statements/subjects/issues about ZYX has nothing to do with any " bad feeling " from my part to any of you or any one and it's only an effort trying to help and " be better ":

- +++++ " is that " rush into " ZYX like a " child with a new toy ", " +++++

I think that this " fast track " attitude has a lot to " see " with what happen with the ZYX owners:

- there are many forms for to choose an alternative ( any audio item ) for to buy audio items, mine is a very long research process to take a decission: first I do a deep research about the builder/designer: who are they? where they come? for how many time on the subject? why I should buy their audio item ?, etc... Second, I do deep research too through differents dealers that carry the audio item and others similars for to know their opinions about. Third, I do a research through as many proffesional reviews as I can find, reading " between lines " for to know about. Fourth, I try to have a " live experience " ( my own system ) with it but if I could not, then I try to " heard " at a friend's system or directly with the dealer. Fifth, I ask to owners of the audio item. Sixth, I do a differents forums research about. etc...
Maybe all of you do the same " long track " process for make your decissions. My impression is that many of you are on the " fast track " ZYX alternative: why I think in this way?, well every time that I do a " simple " question, about " your " : " the best cartridge in the world " ZYX statement, that if you already compare the ZYX cartridges against the long list of excellent cartridges that I categorically post that beats the ZYX ones, the " silent " answer is NO.
Now, I'm not against the " fast track " attitude, it's not my money it's yours, I'm only trying to help that's all.

Btw, in the time I buy many audio items with the " fast track " attitude and in almost all there were a mistake because I buy the wrong audio item.

My last " fast track " was the Shelther 901: I buy this cartridge " only " with a fast research in this forum about the 501 and the 901. At that time all the the forum opinions about the 901 were " awesome ", so I buy it.
My first " hearing " impressions with the 901 were really great, but after a month ( more or less ) I could identify some problems with the performance of this cartridge till I have to put on sale and sold immediatly. I buy the 90X.

At that time I was the first people in the forum to post anything against the 901: " a hi-fi " cartridge or something like that, immediatly the " 901 club " people " fight with me because my post.
Two months latter that " same people " agree with me.

+++++ " didn't see a UNIV in your collection.. " +++++

Till today the ZYX can't belong in my collection. When any ZYX will be on target with the excellent performance of " others " top cartridges you can be sure that I will have that ZYX in my system. I remember you that this " hobby " is an extremely important subject on my life, nothing less.

Now, I'm not the only one that thinks that the " ZYX is not the best... ": I already post this on other thread:

- One person ( Walker TT, Wilson, Atmasphere, etc.. ) put on sale his Colibri through the Agon classifieds, trying to help I send a e-mail asking why he puts on sale the Colibri and buy the ZYX. He explain that the ZYX was better on..., on..., on... and on... that the Colibri. I give him my advise and he return the Colibri to Vandenhul for a check up. When the Colibri come back to his system, he was really happy with and hands down his ZYX cartridge easily. He gime me " tks " for my Colibri insistence.

Again regarding the " fast track " attitude. I think that all of us " other(experienced)hobbyists! " , like you say, have a great responsibility in this forum for to help to others people to take good " decissions " ( if they take it or not, that's another history ). The ZYX " fast track " attitude approach to an incredible post like this one:

+++++ " I have recently been through a search for a new cartridge. I cannot listen to anything anywhere near my home, since I live in the middle of nowhere. I have been talking to several fellow music lovers and narrowed my search to a couple of cartridges including some of the Benz and ZYX models. Based on what I have heard from ZYX owners, these cartridges outperform many cartridges costing more and having great reputations. " +++++

This person never heard the ZYX cartridge but " based " on what others " heard " he do the statement that the ZYX " outperform MANY cartridges costing more... etc..

What happen when not so experienced people read this " fast track " opinion ? Do you think that this kind of audiogon-forum post really help to anyone?

I'm sure it helps: for take wrong desicions for buying the wrong audio item, when out there are many alternatives that could help that that people could be really happy and not thinking if their choose really was the best one at that time.

No, Sirspeedy I think that I don't do a favor to anyone " telling him " what he " wants " to hear. We can do a " favor " when we tell what we know or think we know is the true or nearest to the true about. We can be wrong but we have to " say " it.

Raul.
Thank you Sirspeedy and Cello. I have learned a lot from your posts. The TT issue is settled since I have ordered the Cosmos. As soon as I have the money together I will be ordering the ZYX Airy 3. Your comments have been very helpful. $ for $ the Zyx seems to be a giant killer, but at a David sized price in comparison.