Teres 265 or 320 vs. Sota Cosmos

I am looking at picking up a new Turntable. As of right now I'm guessing either would be equipped with a Triplaner arm and the ZYX Airy 2.

BUT anyway has anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison between these models? What differences did you notice, and how would you compare them?

Any insight would be appreciated!
128x128nrchy
Sirspeedy, Sota uses the TriPlanar with the Cosmos and the Millenia. My concern is that the suspension is hanging too low from the chassis. If the sub-chassis sat up higher there would be no issue, but at the same time I doubt that Kirk has the same issue with his own display models.

Doug, you are correct in your assesment of the Cosmos construction. The floating sub-chassis which contains the platter, and the armboard is hung from the main or outer portion of the chassis.

The arm lift assembly is actually sitting on top of the chassis when the VTA is set anywhere near it's intended location.

The entire works is boxed up and awaiting shipping back to Sota, where I hope Kirk will find something obvious that I did wrong, or something wrong in construction that we be rectified.

Hope for the best and expect the worst...
The entire works is boxed up and awaiting shipping back to Sota,

That certainly seems like the best course given the circumstances.

They claim this arm works with this table. Let them make it so. If they can't, I'd expect a full refund on the table. They'd owe you that after all this aggravation.

P.S. Make sure they fix the spindle-to-pivot error too. Could that be the cause of your arm/plinth collision problem? If the arm were 2mm closer to the spindle would it clear the plinth?
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

Nate, sorry to learn of all these problems. As you described to me yesterday the clearance issue should be an easy fix. If the spindle to hole distance is off though it must be corrected to fully enjoy the synergy of that wonderful arm and cartridge combination. As an owner of a suspended table I must say that suspension adjustment is something SOTA should instruct their owners on doing themselves.

In any case, you will be richly rewarded and the time you spend in waiting will quickly fade away once you start listening to it. Hang in there!!
Doug, actually the spindle to pivot dimension is off more than 2mm. I think it is closer to 4mm which could go a long way to correcting the armlift overhang issue.

I don't doubt that Kirk will take care of all these details, so I'm not worried (right now) about having to deal with 'a sale gone bad.' Isn't that a video series???

Pat with the floating subchassis there is no suspension adjustment. We'll take a look at it at the RMAF so you can see what I mean!