Best Rock Album in 2010

So its finally landed, the third album by Rock duo JohnOssi, with John Engelbert on Guitar and Vocals and Oskar Bonde on drums.

Mavericks - JohnOssi

Last year i had the title Best Rock Album in 2009, so far and had my vote out for Black Keys man Dan Auerbach, this year I will drop the "so far" and stipulate that this is as good as it gets!

Please add your best for 2010, but lets keep it to albums released in 2010.
perrew
Just straight Rock?

Fatso Jetson - Archaic Volumes
Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
Resistor - Rise

The new Arcade Fire album is a disappointment and I could never get into The National.
Oh, almost forgot:

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here

Totally exceeded my expectations!! Gorgeous.
Much thanks to Macdadtexas for Black Keys and Widespread Panic recommendations. Both are terrific.

So is Arcade Fire's The Suburbs.

IMO
We get it--Energizer still listens to Steely Dan as alleged rock.

I'll add another:

Caribou- Swim

This is one great album and quite unique. Even the recording isn't terrible unlike a lot of its indie brethren.
'Indie' music (IMO) should not be confused with 'rock' music.
If Caribou is being touted as 'rock music', then both my parents come from Pluto.
Now, where did I park my spaceship?
lol.

The new album from 'Beady Eye' when it arrives, probably more Indie than rock, but what the heck.
Avi Buffalo. New and fresh.

Surfer Blood - Astrocoast These guys can play!

The National - High Violet Musical, mysterious and hypnotizing

Neal
Gawdbless--indeed, and hopefully no one took it as a normal rock album. just since all the indie mentioned on this thread, seems a lot of folks might be interested in it.

Hotchip, LCD soundsystem, etc. would also fit in this category.
Gawdbless

I quess your style of music died around 1984. Sorry we have to listen to "indie" music to forget what great contributions Styx and Foreigner made to your life. Or as Boston put it "it is more than a feeling." IMHO, I have no time for your point of view.
That Wavves album that came out a few weeks ago is pretty decent. Some of the members of Jay Reatard's old band so it's kinda got that vibe .
Thanks Bongo for the recommondations, I could not have picked a better 3 bands that have not had any affect on my musical journey. AOR at its worst, pap, sheer pap.
Retribution Gospel Choir ( Al Sparhawk, LOW leader is the front man for this Duluth band ). Don't miss it ! This is NOT a mellow album. Also, great HARD BLUES by Sparhawk band, The BLACK EYED SNAKES (THIS IS OLDER).
Second the recommendations(especially the vinyl) of Widespread Panic "Dirty Side Down." I had lost track of this band. Very tasty/tasteful southern rock, at moments with a feel for Clapton circa '73-5.
Bongo,

I'll second Tin Can Trust. IMHO, it's the best thing the Lobos have done in a long, long time.
Nick Cave's Grinderman 2 way out in front. Well above the first Grinderman project in terms of psyched-out eerieness & grandeur of Cave at his best. LP SQ is about perfect, and the included CD is uncompressed and close enough. Add to this a well-done thick illustrated book and full-sized poster and it becomes clear that he deserves double credit for 12x12.
This is redundant because I just posted it in the Favorite New Music thread but I think it belongs on this list as well.

Woven Hand - The Threshingfloor
Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More is the best album I have found in Years!!!! Buy it. It is astounding!!
Pleasantly surprised to hear a song from the Mumford album open the Fox TV series Lone Star.
Couple new LP's to add:

Damien Jurado -- Saint Bartlett's
Leonard Cohen -- Songs From The Road
Jamey Johnson -- The Guitar Song
The Bad Plus -- Never Stop

Love Phosphorescent -- Here's To Taking It Easy. Skip the vinyl (possibly the worst pressing I've ever heard) but the CD is excellent
Blonde Redhead Penny Sparkle, aptly subtitled "your OTHER WORLD (DREAM) IS INSIDE HERE----> Here sometimes, not getting there, will there be stars, my plants are dead, Cove or prison, Oslo, penny sparkle, everthing is wrong, black guitar, spain." As hypnotic & original dream pop as has been heard in a long while. A few minor defects on the 4AD pressing, but otherwise a demo-quality LP.
Deerhunter "Halcyon Digest". Digest is correct as it's stylistically slipperier than Microcastle, ranging from anticipated alt. psychedelia to Conner Oberst-style crooning(but with less angst and a better sense to melody) to only slightly bent surprisingly strong pop and R&B song structures with just a halo of trippiness. Probably the most fertile imaginations of all of the newer bands. Excellent SQ with production values suggested by an illustration of a RTR tape hub on the LP label. Add to that the supplicant transvestite dwarf in a communion dress on the cover and we've got a big winner.

And OH YEAH, Neil Young "Le Noise" is his best in decades. Excellent if expensive Reprise vinyl.
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach (will be a record people talk about for years)
Broken Bells - Interesting The Shins meets Danger Mouse
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
No Age - Everything In Between

No Age comes out with their third effort but it comes up short to their last one 'Nouns' but there is something I just love about this band and they're my guilty pleasure for sure.

Check out the link to give you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7_SolIcIY&feature=related
Yes, produced by T Bone Burnett using a single microphone.

It has a wonderful feel.

IMO
I second Audiofeil's recommendation of the new John Mellencamp. The tracks recorded at Sun Studios in Memphis are artistic and sonic standouts.

Just got the new Shelby Lynne and Los Lobos vinyl and both are excellent.

I like the Bad Plus LP but the pressing is awful.
I'll also recommend giving the new Doobie Brothers and Kings of Leon releases a listen.

Thank goodness the Doobs chose to let Michael McDonald sit this one out.

IMO
Footnote:

Mickey does sing back up on one song. Maybe he paid them to make an appearance.

But it is not hardly anywhere near enough to muck up the entire album.

IMO
If Michael MacDonald sits this one out, who sings "Ya-mo b-there"?

I loved the 40 yr Old Virgin. Classic bad cinema.
Todd and Dgarret,

Bought Mumford "Sigh No More" today on your recommendation. Flat out stunning. Reminds me a bit of 16 Horsepower, but doesn't feel at all derivative. Probably the most startling thing I've heard this year.

Marty
Just received Ray LaMontagne - "God Willin and the Creek Don't Rise", Peter Wolf- "Midnight Souvenirs", and Neil Young- "Les Noise" yesterday.

Great stuff.

Crazy good guitar work by Neil Young. How long can he keep this up?
The last few Robyn Hitchcock with The Venus 3 have been good, but "Propeller Time" is special. Less cuteness and more like channeling the spidery trippy spirit of Syd Barrett. Assisted by John Paul Jones, Nick Lowe, Johnny Marr, and some cool mellotron. Excellent LP.
"John Cale & Band Live" MIG/WDR limited edition DDM vinyl of Rockpalast concert recorded 1984 at 3AM in Essen Germany. Fierce, corruscating performance that's much better than the mostly bland commercial release that year of "Cale Comes Alive."