Zerostat

I do not own a record cleaning machine yet. But i do plan to get one. I dry brush them with a carbon fibre brush for the moment before a playing. I do notice when lifting a record I have played off the turntable platter I get static electricity. Does anyone have experience with a Zerostat and does it work?
arnold_layne
Great advice Nsgarch I have been fighting that for years. I never can get that last little amount of dust to come off the vinyl surface. You would think that the maker of the brush would indicate some clues.
One such brush actually has a place for a ground screw. You can attach a very fine copper wire from it to a ground plane. I seldom have the problem but would guess the wire would be more effective than conducting though your body.
I've used a Zerostat for the last 30 years or so. They are easy to use and very effective. If you are thinking of buying a used one, be aware that they do wear out. If there's no "snap, crackle, pop" when you quickly pull the trigger and release it, then the Zerostat is worn out. I've worn out three, and my fourth is getting there.
ALBERTPORTER - Would you be kind enough to give us the name of the brush and info as to where it can be purchased. Thanks.
I used to have a problem like that, then I ran a ground wire. I tied it from the bearing housing under the platter to the phono preamp ground. Now when static builds up from cleaning with a carbon fibre brush, it has a path to ground.

Cheers,
John