Looking for a new phono preamp

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Here's the deal. I'd like to find a new phono preamp. I'd prefer solid state, tubes get noisy too fast. My latest cartridge is an AT-ART9XA. I'm currently running thru a sut into a cj pv10a with phono stage, but I have just got my hands on a Bel Canto pre5 that the new phono pre will be paired with.

I've got a hard upper limit of $2.5k, less is OK for the right unit. I'm looking to buy new. Dealers around me aren't really set up to demo vinyl, so I'm hoping the collective experience in here can at least point me in the right direction. Hopefully, it would have a one month return policy so I can try out the preamp.

TIA.

PsychoicReaction
psychoticreaction
I would go for a rogue triton two or a parasound jc3 jr or if you can stretch to 3k the parasound jc3+ and you might find a jc3+ for around the 2.5k if you do not mind used or demo models.
I have heard or owned most of these listed.  The Channel D is similar to the BMC phono I owned and the others are correct do not limit yourself on what cartridges your phono preamp can use.  In my opinion there is only 1 listed here to look at and that’s the Herron VTPH 2.  His preamp is super quiet and extremely musical.
Keith is a fantastic audio designer/builder and his customer service is second to none.  You should easily be able to find a used one for under $2500 and if you give Keith a ring he may have a trade or demo piece he can hook you up with.
Good luck with your search....
+1 on the Parasound JC3+, I’ve been using one for almost a year and I really like it. The one negative is that it doesn’t really offer much gain control. Wasn’t really an issue until I got a high output MC cartridge. I’m still trying to decide if it’s going to work well with it. 
Too bad, could of sold you my phenomena 11+ with linear power supply...sold on ebay. It was a great sounding set up. However, I’d have to disagree about tubes becoming noisy too quickly, as we are not talking power tubes, but tiny preamp tubes. They will literally last thousands of hours. To be honest, the Tavish the classic with NOS vintage tubes sounds better than any solid state phono stage I’ve heard in my system. Tubes are the RCA 7025 12ax7, GE 12au7, and a Sylvania disc getter 5751. Using Jensen MC-2RR-L SUT and the Hana EL. Seemingly a very good combo to my ears. Warm, lush, 3d ish, wide Soundstage, tubey magical. Paired with a ss Sugden A21se pure class A and the Tannoys, simply wonderful. For the money your willing to spend, I’d give tubes a go one more time and try a Tavish adagio. Step up transformers (Jensen) built in, everything in one chassis. Tavish gets the tube phono stage right in my opinion.