Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Eric - you are most welcome to share your turbulent / laminar flow ideas if you wish, either here or via PM.

@tomthiel 
Um, was this for me, or is there another Eric in this thread?  I don't remember saying anything remotely related to fluid dynamics. :)

Best,
E

We achieved natural laminar flow on some tricky bits of the 787.... I could tell ya how but if I told ya how, well.... you know the rest...,

two layer boards :-) but for a mod upgrade the point to point is an excellent choice.

You can also read up and use the Bud Purvine EnABL method for which he was granted U.S. patent # 5,304,746..filed 1991. The Purvine patent originally described a method to reduce or eliminate standing waves now better described as transverse, or shear waves or a type called a Raleigh wave. The EnABL used for years by many online can be applied to both sides of a surface including those of a speaker box and a speaker cone . Shear waves have 2 polarities and can only travel thru solids or on solids. Their polarity will change direction when it meets another different conductive material or geometric boundary .This process repeats itself until there is no signal contained or there is no longer a conductive material. The shear waves generate an odd affect on boundary edges that join up and meet, almost seems to be a fluttering of energy that will wrap around the front of a baffle and carry over to a portion of the joining side. A corner in a glass house would be an extreme example of how a surface conducts sound vibrations. You can apply the EnABL method to drivers, cabinets, turntable platters ,walls and probably a race car..endless surfaces and materials. There are other methods available to reduce interfering energy on many different products. By doing so there sounds to be an increase of effiencey. Exactly as in the Debbie Miles patent she describes a method to reduce shear wave interference in the floor surface boundary of a string instrument. This method is easily heard as an increase in volume and power while at the same time reducing the amount of energy needed to make any given sound. Debbie likes to call this a reduction of interfering energy.

The shear waves travel in and on the materials, the air that lays against these solid materials vibrates and relates a character of sound to our ears, some could be described as dry or woody or glassey and tinny each depending on the material, its shape and boundary . All materials have a different shear velocity among other descriptions this is why lead sounds different than brass or glass, wood or beryllium. A reduction of a polarity of shear on and in a large surface in motion such as a room wall will improve laminar flow like we use in The Energy Room. We originally applied these same methods to our complete speaker system. As Debbie says that reduces interfering energy. Tom D.

What an amazing thread guys.  Thanks to all who are posting such cool stuff.  I love to learn and am open minded (regardless of how I may come off when posting).

I have always loved CF and it's usage.  When Richard saw some walking sticks I own (I use a rollator for most of my walking), he noticed the same CF he uses for his drivers.  It's a very expensive and highly specialized CF that isn't as easy to use as most of the CF on the market.  

Materials matter as much as implementation.  Caps and inductors are next in line from what many designers have shared over the years.  Cool thread guys.  Thanks.
ctsooner

Good to see you again. Thank You for the kind words surrounding our thread.  It is never too late to convert on a pair of Thiel Audio loudspeakers.  Have fun in this hobby!

Happy Listening!