Dynaudio C1, why so expensive?

Any explanation for the price on these? They are, after all, a 2 way monitor.
128x128rja
I want my own CNC machine!

Bigbucks, thanks for sending that link. You're absolutely right, that baffle ain't aluminum! I assumed from photos (note caveat in my earlier post, gulp) that the dark gray portion of the baffle on the C1 was made from aluminum. Wrong.

For what it's worth, the baffle on my Contours is indeed aluminum, so I assumed that continued up the line. Wrong again.

So now I wonder about Xti16's original comment, seeing as he owns them.

Anyway, thanks for being a good sport.
Bottom line is Dynaudio is a very high quality and high performance line. Neither the cheapest nor most expensive, but perhaps one of the most reliable and rock solid from a quality perspective. The Dynaudio sound is very no nonsense, just rock solid as well. You can't go wrong building a system around Dynaudio speakers IMHO.

Yes, being made in Denmark surely increases the cost almost for certain, but hey, good things do not come cheap.
in my opipion,these baffles is being made for simple reasons such as aesthetics , to stand out from other speakers and in order to avoid cases of counterfeiting
I've auditioned the C1 (and the Sapphire). The price of the *tiny* C1 is certainly arresting, but as others have noted, hard to say what is "fair."

What does seem easy to say is that at 7k, one has a *lot* of options besides small 2 ways. (Perhaps especially among smaller American companies.) To pick just one, I'd say anyone auditioning the C1s ought to audition the new Gallo Ref 3.5s @ 6.5k retail (also a pretty small speaker). No knock on the C1s -- lots of people more knowledgeable than me rave about them -- but I'd be a little surprised if everyone who made this comparison choose the C1s. John