D'Agostino Momentum amp melts down

The latest issue of Stereophile tests the Momentum amplifier and amp number 1 melts down during the precondition test. Atkinson is afraid to subject amp number 2 to the same test and only runs it for 1/2 as long as the standard test.

Parasound, Bryston, and others pass this test but the Momentum can't? Then they act like it's no big deal like it melted down. So, if that's the case, why perform the test?

The manufacturer response doesn't remark on the melt down. I would think Dan would be duly embarrassed but what the heck, those copper heat sinks sure look great.

Would a prospective buyer (not me) be hesitant to power an inefficient speaker to loud levels with this amp?

rhljazz
Post removed 
Definition of AGENDA
1: a list or outline of things to be considered or done
From Webster's dictionary

It seems appropriate for a forum. I have clearly stated the concerns I have with the amplifier and Stereophile.

I will continue to subscribe to the magazine and I'm sure the amp sounds as good as Fremer describes it, but it does exhibit a problem.

FWIW, I think this thread is appropriate, but also think some of the words chosen are hyperbolic.
Really? "MOST amps fail the test?" Hmmm... also I disagree with the statement "This is pure entertainment with absolutely no value"...since when does "pure entertainment" lack value? Do happiness, mirth, delight, joy, glee, intense snarky and self righteous AH HA moments, or fun at the expense of the uber-sensitive lack value? I say NO NO NO...I love this aspect of the hobby: "when realities collide." The audio reviewmanati have their collective heads so far up the wazoos of some makers of VERY EXPENSIVE TOYS they get faint from lack of air (and sad from their inability to personally afford $175,000 speakers, $55,000 amps, or $15,000 phono cartridges). Of COURSE a 50K amp pair should be flawless...otherwise why pay 50k for this stuff? And why not delight when a spanner hits the works. It's fun! Still...I think Momentum stuff is great, looks amazing and sounds fabulous...when it works!
I think, but only Wolf will know this for sure. That people that pay 55,000 for an amp or an ape or a meal or what ever, they want attention. So in that respect Dan A' is a genius. His product breaks and the owner gets some more attention. So does Dan A' like in this thread. Brilliant I say Brilliant!! I wish I would of thought of that. I guess that is what it takes to be an audio designer you gotta think outside the amp.