Vitus sia 025 vs d'agostino momentum

Hi everyone
i need some advice on this one. I have devialet 400 monos and I’m looking to get an integrated amp. I have narrowed the search to vitus sia 025 and d’agostino momentum amps. I am hoping to get advice on choosing between these two items.
My system
focal Scala v2
2 REL g1 subs
brinkmann balance tt
brinkmann 12.1 tonearm
benz lps
shunyata triton/typhon
transparent reference cables
audio alchemy phono
dsc rossini
The reason for the change in amps that I feel that the devialets lack any depth to the soundstage and my system is too technical. I have heard these amps and they seem to add better scale to the soundstage and a more tube like sound
any suggestions?
thanks in advance
chris
cmanios
Post removed 

Chris-

I,too, want to demo the Vitus gear. Whom has the best showroom here in the U.S. ?

I would love to have the MP-L201...& the MP-M201 monos...can anyone lend me about  $220,000...?
Jafant
i heard there is only 2 us authorized dealers. One in New York and the other in Orange County. I only know of the one here on the west coast. It's cake audio. I heard the amp in the Newport show a couple of weeks ago. Sounded awesome.
also thank you audiolabyrith for your detailed review. I'm leaning towards the vitus. The momentum is a great amp but I thought it was a little overdone. I have been told that It could cause fatigue to listen to.
Dodo try the gryphon Diablo 300
i swapped my Vitus sai025 for one
chalk and cheese imho
leonard

Forgot to say...
i have an aurender x100, lampizator golden gate 7, gryphon Diablo 300, and until recently focal scala utopia v2
Happy listening!
Leonard
in Scotland
One issue with the excellent Vitus amps was that they need to be left powered up as they take 3 to 4 days to reach their transparent sound
my Diablo 300 takes 30 minutes although I do leave it on standby

Have heard the beautiful d'agostino with Magico speakers
Impressive but bass less warm than the Scala v2 or my current Zingalis client name 3.12

hope this rambling is of some help or interest

Leonard
Thanks Leonard 
i have been reading about gryphon but there is no dealer in the US. I want an amp that is great with soundstage and gives the music depth. I felt that the momentum were great but a little too rounded and maybe a little too smooth like an overly sugary hot chocolate. The vitus seems to be more organic to my ears maybe not as creamy. Hope this makes sense
cmanios,

If you want to give the D'Agostinos a go in your system, let me know. Of course I'm biased, but if there's anything you will NOT find on Dan's latest is fatigue! 
With our YGs, the depth with the Momentum is unbelievable. Truly a walk-in soundstage.
So, if you want to give it a go, give us a call or email!

Disclaimer: dealer in San Diego, CA (http://almaaudio.com)

Leo,

How would you describe the sonic differences between the Vitus and Diablo?

leo6473 posts07-02-2016 5:35pmDodo try the gryphon Diablo 300
i swapped my Vitus sai025 for one
chalk and cheese imho
leonard
How exactly is it chalk and cheese? The EU price certainly doesn’t suggest so. The Diablo 300 is €17,600, whilst the SIA-025 is €21,000. Both amps are high bias Kl.A/B amps, dual mono with wide bandwidth and ZNF. But there are fundamental differences in the PSU’s. Vitus are using a special UI-core transformer which took 8 years to develop which is extremely efficient & sounds especially liquid/tube-like. The current SIA-025 is outputting 25 watts Kl.A & 150 watts Kl.A/B @8ohms, but Vitus’s power specs are ridiculously conservative. My slightly older SIA-025 outputs 100 watts Kl.A/B and controlled my Magico S5’s in my medium size room without breaking a sweat.
leo6473 posts07-02-2016 5:44pmOne issue with the excellent Vitus amps was that they need to be left powered up as they take 3 to 4 days to reach their transparent sound
my Diablo 300 takes 30 minutes although I do leave it on standby
Maybe stone cold out of the box, but here is what Chris Thomas said in his review of the SIA-025 for Hifi Plus "From stand-by, straight into class A I would say that you are looking at a half hour before it really begins to sing and then it just seems to keep getting better. Even after a solid afternoon and evening’s listening I would swear that the amplifier was growing more fluid, textural and resolute with better dynamic contrasts, tonal shading and the delicacy of its musical message just seems to become more profound." No mention of 3 to 4 days because that is absurd. And I own an SIA-025, so I know from whence I speak.

After owning several excellent high end amps and now the momentum I would say that at this level another amp, in this case Vitus, might sound a little different but better is unlikely. Just different.. Would feel the same way if you reversed the question. At the top level IMO it's a matter of nuance. Listening to a Krell Chorus amp right now and couldn't really say what change in sound I might want. IMO again, high end gear is just really good nowadays. 
The current SIA-025 is outputting 25 watts Kl.A & 150 watts Kl.A/B @8ohms, but Vitus’s power specs are ridiculously conservative. My slightly older SIA-025 outputs 100 watts Kl.A/B and controlled my Magico S5’s in my medium size room without breaking a sweat.

Are you sure about 150 watts in A/B mode? My dealer is still quoting 100 watts A/B. I think the UI transformer contributes significantly to the 42kg weight.

I was also told to keep it on all the time because the magic starts after 72 hours of operation. I don't actually do this, just switch on 1 hour before use.

This is ridiculous - 72 hours before reaching the peak performance. What were they thinking? 
@cyclopse, Yes I am 100% sure about the power specs of the current Vitus SIA-025. Vitus increased the power output from 100 to 150 watts in Kl.A/B about 18 months ago. Class A power is the same. By Hans Ole's own self admission, there are several inconsistencies with the spec sheets and even user manuals right now. That is one of the projects that Hans has 'in the queue'. If in doubt, you could contact Vitus directly and confirm that.

Regarding maintaining optimal thermal conditions. I would refer you to the commentary from reviewer Chris Thomas in my earlier post. But fyi, this is from the SIA-025's owner manual which comes on cd..

"3. Standby mode. In this mode the controls of the SIA-025 are deactivated.
The SIA-025 does not shut down in Standby Mode in order to maintain an optimal working temperature"

You could also ask Bob at Rhapsody in NY who is a Vitus dealer. He had this to say on Audioshark forum about the SM-102 & SM-011 mono's - "One last point is that like most amps, but especially with the SM102's they take at least an hour playing in Class A mode to really strut their stuff. The SM011's take some time to warm up as well, but not as long as the SM102's. They are both VERY listenable from the get-go but after an hour in Class A with the 102's then you understand what they are all about."
cmanios

So your question really is how to make these speakers sound good.
You might look at tubes, hope that is not a dirty word. Would 845's be enough to drive them. ( this is were everyone chimes in and tells you that you need more power ) . I guess it would depend on the size of your room and how close to the speakers you sit. 
I work part time for a great NJ dealer, Audio Doctor, we recently started carrying the T+A gear from Germany.

We Picked it up after reading a review from the Absolute Sound where Allan Taffel compared the 300 watt HV integrated $19,500.00 to $120,000 worth of CH Precision gear, at the review's summation Mr. Taffel had a hard time telling which one was playing. Dave figured that if a $19k piece sounds nearly as good as $120k worth of state of the art gear this would be a brand worth checking out.

My friend/ Boss Dave store owner, contacted Rutherford audio and we got some of this gear in for testing, it is incredible gear, and easily can compete with any Vitius or Dagastino piece, yet it costs considerably less.

German craftsmanship, fantastic bass, a gigantic sound stage, warm yet detailed sound, and uses technology which mimics the sound of tubes without using tubes by running transistors at very high voltages. 

If you are our neck of the woods you should hear this gear.