Reviews of $10k plus ics, speaker wires, and pcs

Do you think reviewers should do such cables? What about $30k plus components?
tbg
Do you think car mags should review Ferrari's, Lambo's, MacLaren's and other megabuck stuff, or just Chrysler 200's and Ford Fusions?
If manufactures don’t peruse state of the art (SOTA) how are we going to get advancements and ultimately trickle down technology into more affordable equipment?

Sometimes these SOTA pieces are merely a glimpse into future mainstream products. Just take a look at the advancement of 3D printing has made in recent years.
Timrhu, you have got to remember how long I've been at this hobby. When I started no one gave any thought to speaker wires, power cords, isolation from vibrations, racks etc. I still remember buying Bob Fulton's speaker wires that were a prescribed length and looked identical to welding cables, I had used. The length was determined by whether babbons at the zoo heeded a warning call. I thought they were ridiculously expensive. Also the Decca London was too expensive but good at $150@.

I do wonder if the top 1% having 61% of the wealth is at the root of all of this.
05-06-14: Tbg
I do wonder if the top 1% having 61% of the wealth is at the root of all of this.

Absolutely! The audio market is not unique, it is just chasing the money trail like every other market out there. Do we really need $10,000 watches? Diamond studded dog collars? Gold toilet sets? The path the audio industry is following is the same path every industry is following. The prices go up as society continues to develop into a society of haves and have nots. The middle is vanishing.
I think reviewers don't do cables. They write reviews the way the 'hear' things.
Apparently, when it comes to cables of any kind, all phrases of reviewers are pretty much audiophile standard that is NOT completely understandable by anyone except audiophile such as 'warm' 'black background' 'musical'. Such phrases and words must be present for better audiophile marketability of product.
Given the fact that cables play only small part in audio playback, you can't guarantee ANY reviewer even with brilliant ears(forget the golden ones) will describe just 'this' particular cable. More likely the reviewer will describe the whole rig he'd mention with such and such cables.
Obviously you can't enjoy the system without cables, but given this fact, I've never seen reviewers mention what they can hear with 'this' particular cable vs. other cables including let's say $6 generic RCA run from Dollar General stores.
Without attractive looks, words and marketting pitches we's still be using mentioned simple generic cables.