Which cables cause issues for high bandwidth amps?

As in, blow them up? I recently bought a McCormack amp and blew it up when using Goertz Alpha Core MI-2 cables. I am about to get the amp back from being repaired, and I want to make fricken sure that I don't repeat the episode. Now, I do have a feeling that there was something wrong with that amp in the first place, but I still want to be very careful.

I now know that using the Goertz was a no-no, but I am told there may be other brands of cables with the same concerns. I have been advised to stay away from "flat" cables for the McCormack. Is this true, or an over-generalization?

I am looking for moderate price options, if anybody has experience with cables that sounded great with McCormack amps. Thanks a bunch!
mtrot
I just don't get how one can get such huge per-unit capacitance in the cable and for what purpose?? There's also no specific disclaimer not to use with high-bandwidth amps... Who's supposed to be accountable for this kind of situation?
My H/K Signature 2.1 amp did NOT like my Goertz MI-2 cables until I installed a Zoebel network across the terminals of the speakers. However, my Gallo 3.1/Butler amp combo seems to have no problem with it. Apparently the MI-2s with certain speaker/amp combos will cause the amp to go into oscillation...

-RW-
Correction: I misread the Goertz datasheet. The capacitance of the MI-2 is 950 pf/ft, which is still very high of course.

Marakanetz, the high capacitance is a side effect of their approach to achieving their primary design goals, which were ultra-low inductance and ultra-low Characteristic Impedance.

Whether the ultra-low inductance is overkill or not, and whether the ultra-low characteristic impedance is likely to provide any benefit, are debatable and most likely system dependent, IMO.

Regards,
-- Al
Man, I would not even THINK of using the same cables when you get your amp back! 12ga stranded will work fine IMO.