Grover Huffhman Sx

Anyone else using them? Would you offer me your impressions so that I might also have some others to judge against? I now have approx. 77 hrs. on mine and they continue to impress me, I know they will continue to open up more but thru this stage in changes they are amazing with the differences that I'm hearing when I listen to music that I that I am so intimately farmiliar with but, now hear nuances, textures, even better layering that had been hidden or masked before that now I do hear, for ex. I was listening to "White Witch" and the difference in tonal body, bass extention, decay and performance width & depth far surpassed anything I've heard prior on this CD. Yes, I do know this personally subjective from my listening judgement but, then again my ears don't throw a blanket over notes or vocal shadings that I hadn't heard before either. Grover's cables (I also use his "Silver Ribbon" speaker cables) have been one of the most cost effective and rewarding upgrades I've made with my system and no, I have no affliation or connection to Grover in any way other than being very satisifed with his commitment to offering great affordable products. That being said I look forward to the impression of others comparing my base line.
rsjm80

Mcondon,

Gabriel cable is excellent but did not own the Gold version. If you like music to sound rounded, warm, and involving, Gabriel is a no brainer.

The KCI is also an excellent cable. If you like music to have the same warmth but more speed and pace, its a no brainer.

If you want a little of both signatures, go with Grover H. It can be warm, fast, dynamic and bright sometimes. Hey, why hide what the engineer did on the recording.

Synergistic Research I have never owned. In nutshell, if you want some of the traits but don't want to spend the cash, go with Grover's IC.

None of these cables should give you a headache.

Got it then get it.
I gave Grover's IC a try a number of years ago and was impressed, though less than thrilled. How does one go about acquiring his latest/greatest creations???
I think I will try some of his interconnects ESPECIALLY if they call a spade a spade.

Poorly recorded music should be reproduced as poorly recorded music, not sugar coated.
If you like cables that colour the sound and bring everything down to thier level of resolution, how can you ever appreciate the quality recordings?

If you can't tell quality recordings from poor ones, then what's the point?
Lacey,
If you need balanced, I have an extra pair I could sell you. Also, selling a set of Grover's speaker cables for bi-wire or tri-wire speakers(ad here on Agon). They are really great for the price. I haven't heard anything as good at near the price. Cheers,

Spencer
More to discover