Grover Huffhman Sx

Anyone else using them? Would you offer me your impressions so that I might also have some others to judge against? I now have approx. 77 hrs. on mine and they continue to impress me, I know they will continue to open up more but thru this stage in changes they are amazing with the differences that I'm hearing when I listen to music that I that I am so intimately farmiliar with but, now hear nuances, textures, even better layering that had been hidden or masked before that now I do hear, for ex. I was listening to "White Witch" and the difference in tonal body, bass extention, decay and performance width & depth far surpassed anything I've heard prior on this CD. Yes, I do know this personally subjective from my listening judgement but, then again my ears don't throw a blanket over notes or vocal shadings that I hadn't heard before either. Grover's cables (I also use his "Silver Ribbon" speaker cables) have been one of the most cost effective and rewarding upgrades I've made with my system and no, I have no affliation or connection to Grover in any way other than being very satisifed with his commitment to offering great affordable products. That being said I look forward to the impression of others comparing my base line.
rsjm80
I've now got almost 100 hrs. on the new Sx series IC and they are continually getting nothing but better! They have continued to flesh out and are expanding even further in staging presentation and depth. In my rig they are not bright or lean just great to listen to. There is absolutely no ear or listening fatigue, but if a recording IS raw, brittle, etched or badly recorded these WILL NOT HIDE ANYTHING and yes, some recordigs are tuff to listen to even though I like(d) the music. It is subjectivily my opinion that these have great synergy in my rig and I have not bothered listening to much higher priced cables purposely but I would say (IMO) that they would certinaly compete if not tromp other highly touted brands and you'll save a ton of cash in doing so. I don't know how Grover does it but I'm sure glad he does. A great bargin and investment for excellent listening!

Mcondon,

Gabriel cable is excellent but did not own the Gold version. If you like music to sound rounded, warm, and involving, Gabriel is a no brainer.

The KCI is also an excellent cable. If you like music to have the same warmth but more speed and pace, its a no brainer.

If you want a little of both signatures, go with Grover H. It can be warm, fast, dynamic and bright sometimes. Hey, why hide what the engineer did on the recording.

Synergistic Research I have never owned. In nutshell, if you want some of the traits but don't want to spend the cash, go with Grover's IC.

None of these cables should give you a headache.

Got it then get it.
I gave Grover's IC a try a number of years ago and was impressed, though less than thrilled. How does one go about acquiring his latest/greatest creations???
More to discover