The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Von Schweikert:
www.vonschweikert.com

If choosing tubes, go for the DB100'S.
VR5 HSE are also out of this world.

Albert Von Schweikert has a dedication to produce the most relaistic soundstage you will ever hear. If this question can be interpreted to read, 'What is the most revealing and realistic speaker', then it's VSR all the way.

However, depending on what people listen to and how 'coloured' they like their sound, this will always be a subject open to further interpretation.
I have owned Apogee Mini Grands for years. I have tried many speakers, all highly regarded. None, have been able to replace the Apogee. There is a certain addicting quality to their sound. Turn the lights off, put on a good female recording, and the rest is history!
The four or more tally list:

7 Sonus Fabor
6 Wisdom
5 Apogee
5 Quad
5 Avalon
5 Martin Logan
5 B&W
4 Piega
4 Dunlavy
Walk-around the musicians in your living room. Real palpable imaging with great dynamics and real bass.
Heard some top-end ATCs yesterday. $16K per pair is a little out of my price range (although that does include a power amp in each box). That said, these were the most incredible speakers I've never heard. I mean "never" heard. I felt like Count Basie, the Roches, Leo Kottke, were playing in the room for me. Astonishing! (thanks, Chris, for the audition!).