The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
The four or more tally list:

7 Sonus Fabor
6 Wisdom
5 Apogee
5 Quad
5 Avalon
5 Martin Logan
5 B&W
4 Piega
4 Dunlavy
Walk-around the musicians in your living room. Real palpable imaging with great dynamics and real bass.
Heard some top-end ATCs yesterday. $16K per pair is a little out of my price range (although that does include a power amp in each box). That said, these were the most incredible speakers I've never heard. I mean "never" heard. I felt like Count Basie, the Roches, Leo Kottke, were playing in the room for me. Astonishing! (thanks, Chris, for the audition!).
I dont really have alot of experience listening to higher end systems, but from my experience wihtout a doubt the best sounding speakers are Definitive Tech's BP300TL.
Analogous to best wine/beer/food/etc.. you ever tasted! I don't think it's worth an answer because it depends so much on personal preferences, atmosphere, mood, occasion, etc...

The best speakers I ever heard was a cheap pair of bookshelf Fisher speakers on top of my old bed while I was making love the 1st time to my then-girlfriend! I can't repeat the same experience with the much more expensive MA Studio 6 with the same person anymore ... Sad ..