How accurate are cable descriptions for your system?

Steve Huff, whose videos I typically like on YouTube is now reporting this about some cables:

SVS Ultra Cables can be found at Amazon for just about $100 for an 8 foot pair. These will bring a bit more bass to your sound but are less refined. 

Tuneful cables are light and have a nice design. They are leaner, and faster but also very good. You can find them for $79 for a 12 foot pair at Amazon HERE.

QUESTION: To what degree can his descriptions be taken as "likely true" for any given (sufficiently resolving) system?

I ask this for people who have found that cables DO make a difference (to their ears, in their system) and deniers will be ignored.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/my-fave-speaker-cables-under-100-hifi-quality/

128x128hilde45

“Saying that cables is important as acoustic and are on the same level is pure ignorance of acoustic...”
@mahgister

I usually avoid engaging folks who have a tunnel vision. Your singular purpose (evident from your 8K+ posts) here is to advocate and promote room acoustics. That’s your belief and I am A-ok with that! I do not wish to engage with you or anyone who clearly focuses on one aspect of system building and downplay everything else. That’s your prerogative and let’s leave at that, I respectfully request that you keep me out of your other worldly acoustics fetish fest!

Sorry to correct you. but i am an advocate of the THREE main working embeddings control: mechanical, electrical and acoustical...

Then i will let you alone if you dont accuse people of being "cables naysayers" which is the most ridiculous acusation possible in an audio thread, not because cables dont matter, they matter, but it is secondary matter completely...

Only ignorance put cables difference on the same level that these 3 main important dimensions i just spoke about, and this is this cables obsession or fuses obsession , and fuse may matter yes, that makes audiophiles look like ridiculous...

Cables matter yes you are right but it is secondary...

It is not necessary to answer, you will not refute evidence by repeating that cables matter...They matter but not so much than you think...

Looking for costly cables BEFORE turning our attention on vibrations control, hight electrical noise flor, and acoustic , is  reflecting ignorance... Upgrading an already  basic good system BEFORE  turning our attention to these three dimensions is also ignorance...Sorry...Money for costly  cables and costly  upgrade dont replace thinking...

I usually avoid engaging folks who have a tunnel vision. Your singular purpose (evident from your 8K+ posts) here is to advocate and promote room acoustics. That’s your belief and I am A-ok with that! I do not wish to engage with you or anyone who clearly focuses on one aspect of system building and downplay everything else. That’s your prerogative and let’s leave at that, I respectfully request that you keep me out of your other worldly acoustics fetish fest!

I have read interconnect and cable reviews in The Absolute Sound and Stereophile for decades. You must understand the nomenclature to read and understand The reviews… but I have found them to be very accurate. But you must understand your own system as well.

I have spent many hundreds of hours comparing and contrasting different interconnects and cables. And one sideline… in general, Belkin and Blue Jeans are most similar to the free interconnects you get with a component. These are not an upgrade. I have tried them.

I like the "earthy with a hint of anis and manure"...oh wait, that's a wine review.  Hard to tell the difference.  

lalitk

I prefer cable brands that are tuned to convey the music in most natural way without emphasizing any elements of a recording.

Well now, is it even possible to tune a speaker cable? Surely it's not the job of a cable to emphasise or supress frequencies and a good cable will transmit all frequencies without timing issues or transient degradation.