How accurate are cable descriptions for your system?

Steve Huff, whose videos I typically like on YouTube is now reporting this about some cables:

SVS Ultra Cables can be found at Amazon for just about $100 for an 8 foot pair. These will bring a bit more bass to your sound but are less refined. 

Tuneful cables are light and have a nice design. They are leaner, and faster but also very good. You can find them for $79 for a 12 foot pair at Amazon HERE.

QUESTION: To what degree can his descriptions be taken as "likely true" for any given (sufficiently resolving) system?

I ask this for people who have found that cables DO make a difference (to their ears, in their system) and deniers will be ignored.

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/my-fave-speaker-cables-under-100-hifi-quality/

128x128hilde45

I have read interconnect and cable reviews in The Absolute Sound and Stereophile for decades. You must understand the nomenclature to read and understand The reviews… but I have found them to be very accurate. But you must understand your own system as well.

I have spent many hundreds of hours comparing and contrasting different interconnects and cables. And one sideline… in general, Belkin and Blue Jeans are most similar to the free interconnects you get with a component. These are not an upgrade. I have tried them.

I like the "earthy with a hint of anis and manure"...oh wait, that's a wine review.  Hard to tell the difference.  

lalitk

I prefer cable brands that are tuned to convey the music in most natural way without emphasizing any elements of a recording.

Well now, is it even possible to tune a speaker cable? Surely it's not the job of a cable to emphasise or supress frequencies and a good cable will transmit all frequencies without timing issues or transient degradation.

artemus_5 - I had the Silversmiths and they didn’t do much in the way of improving the sound of my integrated NAD M33, but they didn’t do anything bad either.  Very tough to connect if you have tight/close together speaker connection points.  The best thing is the owner is a great guy and refunded the full price without issue.