Inexpensive speaker cables: any experience?

I’m currently running some entry Kimber Kable speaker cables and looking at possibly upgrading. In my research I’ve come across some “budget” options on eBay. I assume they’re not great but curious if anyone has any experience with some “no-name” or “budget” cables? 

Thoughts on these? 

Thanks!

paulgardner

@paulgardner - Those cables use just plain copper and as such will impact the dynamics performance of your system !!!

Save yourself time and money and invest in Zavfino speaker cables...

https://zavfinousa.com/collections/speaker-cables/products/nova-speaker-cable

The are a little more expensive, but they work and you WILL hear improvements across the board AND, they have a nice product lineup so when it’s time to upgrade there is a cable that will fit your budget.

So why do they work?

1. the cable geometry used - very low noise floor
  2. UP-OCC copper wires - which improves the dynamic performance of a cable
  3. choice of wire insulations - which improves the micro details
    • which in turn improves imaging
    • e.g. venue acoustics - those little echoes and reverberations of the concert hall

Also try their interconnects and power cables - just excellent!

And just in case you are wondering - these cables will improve the sound of ANY system they are installed on, regardless of its components

There are better cables out there, but not at their price

Regards - Steve

At the price they certainly look worth a try.  Keep us posted if you take the plunge. Good luck.

Speaker cables aren't rocket science.   Lots of inexpensive cables sound great.  At least 99% of the very expensive one.  You need:

1.  good copper

2.  heavy gauge wire

3.  good connections

4. Good connectors.

These are 14 ga which is a little light on my preferences for 2 above.  I like 10 ga.

I assume you don't need biwires.

I have used cables by ebay seller "Legend Audio" with no complaints.

I'm leaning now toward the woven designs.  Not sure about inexpensive versions of those.

Jerry