Inexpensive speaker cables: any experience?

I’m currently running some entry Kimber Kable speaker cables and looking at possibly upgrading. In my research I’ve come across some “budget” options on eBay. I assume they’re not great but curious if anyone has any experience with some “no-name” or “budget” cables? 

Thoughts on these? 

Thanks!

paulgardner

What chay said is some good advice...after your done with the budget stuff the itch for some high level comes calling...i did some diy speaker cables this summer and it was to see what/were these budget cables were at after reading so many convincing reviews.I really was quite shocked at how good a couple of these sound in my system...and keep telling myself i could live with them in...i didnt. 🔃

@paulgardner - Those cables use just plain copper and as such will impact the dynamics performance of your system !!!

Save yourself time and money and invest in Zavfino speaker cables...

https://zavfinousa.com/collections/speaker-cables/products/nova-speaker-cable

The are a little more expensive, but they work and you WILL hear improvements across the board AND, they have a nice product lineup so when it’s time to upgrade there is a cable that will fit your budget.

So why do they work?

1. the cable geometry used - very low noise floor
  2. UP-OCC copper wires - which improves the dynamic performance of a cable
  3. choice of wire insulations - which improves the micro details
    • which in turn improves imaging
    • e.g. venue acoustics - those little echoes and reverberations of the concert hall

Also try their interconnects and power cables - just excellent!

And just in case you are wondering - these cables will improve the sound of ANY system they are installed on, regardless of its components

There are better cables out there, but not at their price

Regards - Steve

At the price they certainly look worth a try.  Keep us posted if you take the plunge. Good luck.