Inexpensive speaker cables: any experience?

I’m currently running some entry Kimber Kable speaker cables and looking at possibly upgrading. In my research I’ve come across some “budget” options on eBay. I assume they’re not great but curious if anyone has any experience with some “no-name” or “budget” cables? 

Thoughts on these? 

Thanks!

paulgardner

At the price they certainly look worth a try.  Keep us posted if you take the plunge. Good luck.

Speaker cables aren't rocket science.   Lots of inexpensive cables sound great.  At least 99% of the very expensive one.  You need:

1.  good copper

2.  heavy gauge wire

3.  good connections

4. Good connectors.

These are 14 ga which is a little light on my preferences for 2 above.  I like 10 ga.

I assume you don't need biwires.

I have used cables by ebay seller "Legend Audio" with no complaints.

I'm leaning now toward the woven designs.  Not sure about inexpensive versions of those.

Jerry

I would steer clear of the eBay jobs.

I have been looking at the braided Kimber, as the inductance is low.

But I usually use the Magomi 12 or 13 ga stuff which is 4 wire (2 pair) and just put on the ends. I ordered 40 or maybe 50 feet of it, as well as mic cable and Nuetrik RCAs. So all that gear is allegedly now in the mail.

A speaker cable as DIY is pretty easy of one is on a budget and they sound just dandy to a iron-fist and lead-ear.