The new Rogue pharaoh II slams

I recently downsized my stereo to reclaim my apt living room, switching from revel 228 towers to jbl L100 limited additions, and sold my beloved Rogue M180 dark monoblocks and other front end gear, and needed a good intergrated amp to replace all those big boxes. Since I had experience with Rogue I decided to take a chance on the new Rogue Pharaoh II and boy am I glad I did. I cannot comment if or how it’s different sounding than the original but the Mk II kicks ass with the Jbls putting out 400 wpc into the speakers 4 ohm load! The slam and bass control is stunning, AND AT LOW VOLUME LEVELS!!! It’s also amazingly clear and transparent throughout the full frequency spectrum, with a non existent noise floor, The soundstage is huge, and once again you can hear all of this at low volume levels which is very impressive. Rogue knocked it our of the park with this integrated amplifier, although I loved the sound of my old tube monos this integrated actually does somethings better for a lower cost! If you are looking for a new amp/pre amp combo or integrated amp you have to go hear one of these, I bet it will surprise and impress you as much as it me, bravo Rogue Audio, well done!

chrissain

That's pretty impressive, especially coming in after M180 Darks! Did you get a chance to compare the two amps on same speakers?

Unfortunately I did not, had already sold my amps and 228 revels, which I will have to say was a stunning combo and the best overall sound I have had at my house. The new jbl L100 don’t block my windows and I replaced 6 boxes with just one box with the pharaoh and freed up ALOT of real estate in my living room :)  

I read in another forum that someone thought the pharaoh didn’t have good bass at lower volume levels but I am experiencing the exact opposite, I don’t know if that was a problem with the mk1 vrs the mk2 that I just got

I’m surprised Rogue didn’t go Gan on their new integrated?? Never heard one but the talk is the new hotness.