Audiophile Priorities and Recent Topics

I'm increasingly fascinated by the number of threads that have been created lately by OP's who have joined over only the last 2 months with less than 30 posts that all seem related to the importance of wires and tweaks. While I'm not dismissing the notion that everything matters in hifi (including digital cable), it seems that these topics vastly overwhelm thread topics that clearly would have more influence to hifi audio sound such as discussions of the sonic characteristics of various amplifier topologies, the importance of simplifying the signal path, and identifying fantastic speaker/amplifier synergies, etc...

If some unsuspecting newbie were to stumble onto this forum they would likely come away thinking that a fuse or a piece of wire are the most important elements towards obtaining wonderful hifi sound. This is unfortunate. For example, my discovery of listening to a SET circuit years ago paired with speakers possessing a high and flat impedance greatly outshines any joy derived from identifying the finest digital cable produced by man. I'm simply questioning the hifi priorities that this forum seems to be obsessed with lately.

Is it just me?
128x128three_easy_payments
There are so many incontrollable variables involved it is impossible to have a point of reference to start from making any evaluation of a system's sound and accuracy difficult at best. Top this off with incredible amounts of lay instinct and mythology and it becomes very hard to interpret what many have to say. 

@whart , Getting your own transformer is easy. Just put a three phase converter and a bunch of 10 hp woodworking machines in your basement workshop and the power company will force you to buy your own transformer. Does it make a difference in anything? I have no idea although it is fun to brag about it. It sure is an eye sore.
Great post.
By the way everything does Not matter when it comes to audio. Inane prop for some whose insecurity fuels a borderline obsession disorder.

Reminds me of the Protestant arguments and divisions over Baptism. Historical investigations all well and good...faith based conclusions ridiculous. 

And isn't the argument that "we heard it so we are therefore right", nothing more than faith?

One more caveat...is there a degree of economics at play for some utilizing this rent free space?