Bryston BDP-1 vs Bluesound Node 2i

The Bryston can be had for close to the same price as the Bluesound Node 2i (within a couple hundred $).  Not using the internal DAC.  Do you think the Bryston would be better than the Bluesound?
dtximages
I have the Bluesound Node2i, then went to the Bryston BDP3.  In truth, I never have heard the BDP1.  The BDP3 is a significant sonic advance over Bluesound.  Beware, however, of Manic Moose, which pretty much everyone hates.  The BlueOS makes for a much more pleasant user experience.  I now use 3rd party apps with the Bryston, the best being Regelian 
Thanks mahler123.  That's what I'm wanting to hear.  I agree that BluOS is unbeatable but I'll be using Roon so I don't really care about Manic Moose.  I'm just wondering if an old Ferrari is better than a new Corvette :)
See if you can find a deal on a Aries Femto w/LPS.  I had a BDP -1 and reminded me of a 1985 CD player.  Hard and cold sounding. Can’t think you would be happy with it. 
If you’re doing Roon just get a Metrum.
As new as fresh snow.
Get as much as you wanna spend from $400 up. They come with internal power.
With Roon, do not orry about control apps.
The Baby sounds almost as good as a tricked out Allo for more money.

@benzman  Thanks. However, you seem to be pretty alone in your opinion that the BDP-1 sounds hard and cold.  Most people have 98% positive things to say about it, even compared to other well-known expensive streamers.
I've always stayed away from Auralic in favor of Lumin but perhaps the Femto is worth taking a look at for the money.