Bryston BDP-1 vs Bluesound Node 2i

The Bryston can be had for close to the same price as the Bluesound Node 2i (within a couple hundred $).  Not using the internal DAC.  Do you think the Bryston would be better than the Bluesound?
dtximages

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

I have the Bluesound Node2i, then went to the Bryston BDP3.  In truth, I never have heard the BDP1.  The BDP3 is a significant sonic advance over Bluesound.  Beware, however, of Manic Moose, which pretty much everyone hates.  The BlueOS makes for a much more pleasant user experience.  I now use 3rd party apps with the Bryston, the best being Regelian 
I did a Roon trial with my PC, but not from my Node or BDP3.  I have seen many comments that Roon causes a notable degradation in SQ, particularly from HiFi reviewers in the U.K.  Manic Moose is hopeless, IMO.  I think that Bryston has exactly 1 employee who over sees the platform.  I can’t see that a rewrite will do anything except be a band aid.  Bryston should use third party apps and be done with it
So you bought the BDP2?  I think you will hear a significant upgrade over the Node2i.