Audiophile demographics?

Why are there a disproportional number of male audiophiles?
Not sure if this is a silly question, but speaking for myself, I have never met a female audiophile.
I am sure they exist, but their scarcity begs the question as to why.
Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools or is it something more sinister?
128x128tony1954
If there was anything afoot women would be all over it. They are totally in love with shoes.
Guys like gear.

Speculation: because guys are problem solvers, we like tools (gear) that helps to these problems.  We also like building things - again tools needed.  Guys like bigger, larger, stronger/power (1000HP street cars).
You'd be hard pressed to typically find females interested in these areas.
yes, if you go a high end audio show, you will see... it is a whopping disparity - like 95/5...

...must be the gear, equipment, technicality - yes there is art and beauty as a successful end result in this pursuit, but the knowledge gathering, acquisition, set up etc etc of a high end rig is a very very left brain exercise...
@tony1954 - "That depends. How old are you?"

Well, if your age is reflective of the 1954 in your moniker I’m a couple of years older than you . Now, young man , what "sinister" things do you think are afoot?