Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
To: Kenjit,

Why don’t you build a kit from Madisound if you have not done so already? It can answer some of your recurring questions.

I’ve sourced parts from Madisound for 22 years and been designing and building my own speakers for 42 years. Came close to resurrecting and building a speaker company at one point. Decided its too costly to do really well in less than 2-3 years. Takes more like 5-10 years or more like you see with the better boutique builders.

You might be confused comparing hobbyists with business.

Hobbyists put no cost on their time and labor of love. Labor is free.

Businesses are in business to make profit, to evolve, and stay in business.  There is a cost to doing business. 

If you want to save money, buy good used speakers, recondition them. It’s cheaper, may be an option for you.

REQUEST:
If you know of someone who buys parts and builds new quality speakers for FREE at no labor cost, please share their name and contact info.

Kenjit, 
You have never agreed with someone on a single thing. I feel you are a very difficult person to get along with on and off this forum. 
Its called capitalism bud. Even the smaller guys need to make a living. The parts to total cost ratio is pretty damn good. Why don't you buy that madisound kit, put it together once someone shows you how to use a tool and see if it's in the level of one of Fritz's designs. Pretty sure Fritz and a lot of these other guys are doing nothing more than making a descent living. Not gettin rich.. if they are more power to them. 
If you know of someone who buys parts and builds new quality speakers for FREE at no labor cost, please share their name and contact info.
You are completely missing the point. The point is I gave you an example of an alternative to the fritz speakers. The cabinets come preassembled. 
The labor involved is between 15 minutes to an hour depending on your experience. The speakers are just as high quality if not better. They use the highest quality parts and the finish is as good as a commercial product.

What good reason can you give to buy the fritz when you can buy better for a fraction of the cost? 

Are you saying that audiophiles should pay someone an additional $2000 to assemble the kit, if they are not confident to do it themselves? 

It doesnt matter if Fritz needs to cover his expenses. That is not our problem. Why pay more when you can get it for less?
Post removed