Who says cables don't make a difference?

Funny, after all these years, people still say things like "you wasted all that money on cables". 
There are still those who believe cables don't make a difference.
I once did marketing for a cable line I consider to be about the best-Stealth Audio Cables. 
One CES, I walked the rooms with the designer/owner, Serguei Timachev. He carried a pair of his then new Indra interconnects. Going from room to room he asked the room runners to replace their source to preamp IC with the Indra. There was not one that was not completely flabbergasted and said that the Indras blew away what they were using. That was the skyrocketing of Indra and Stealth. The Indra became one of the best reviewed cables ever.
Serguei now makes the Sakra-an IC that blows away the Indra!
I don't understand why some still do not value cables as much as I.
mglik
I only use the Indra case as an example I have experienced. As much as Indra was precedent setting then for $6K now eclipsed by Sakra at $12K.
Second rate? It still is my best IC. Maybe someday I can afford a Sakra.
It’s very simple, most folks don’t have 6K for cables. So where does that leave the the 12K pair...

If I could, would I? I’m thinking!!!! I don’t think so.

I think it’s great you enjoy it though...
BUT, I’m not one of the cable envy guys, either.

Chevys, Fords, Mercedes. Remember the Porsche/TT/Reel to Reel, thread.  All different, but you really can’t talk someone into another brand, when they are a real lover.... Suppose it’s the same, with cables..

Regards
Not only most folks, not even most systems at CES use $6k interconnects! Let alone $12k! I would wager its way less than 10%, maybe even less than 5%. Heck it may even be less than 1%! The typical room at CES I would wager is running interconnects that retail for under $2500.

So to be using this random walking around story to show how excellent these are, its like some guy saying his DIY sounds better than the freebie patch cord that came in the box. Sorry, but its that silly.

What you ought to have said is he took his $6k interconnects into rooms with $10k Synergistic, $15k Nordost, and $20k Binford Bombast. Or whatever. Anything but some random CES rooms. With room runners. Haven’t been to CES in a while. Now they have runners. Like at Wimbledon? Good one.
I've heard differences in cables, but it is rare that I hear differences worth the asking price.

MC, you mean they run the cables, from display, to display?

That would be pretty cool. It’s not that I wouldn’t spend good money on good cables. It’s more like the cables I run on the gear I use, work, pretty darn good. I’m a couple months out on PAINT, and another month until we get to removing and recovering the flooring, in one of the rooms here.

Covid 19, my new heart stents, the old body is slowing down..LOL
Yup Monday had a damn heart attack behind a blood clot. That from a
nasty bruise, on my inner thy. I wasn’t on thinners...Opps! That hurt...
Boiling oil, comes to mind....

Cables are no less or more important, than every other component. I just choose to hold off, until the rooms (two) are a whole lot closer..

I think, the final touches should be cables, and if I’m paying attention to the gear and the sound coming from the rooms as the project progresses.. That’s when I might take a leap.. The issue for me, is there are VERY few people I can compare my gear to...4 pairs maybe in the US..of the Elixirs, and not one close to the modded up units, I have...

It’s a very different, type of speaker. A hybrid linesourse, no super fancy cable required, they never have.
Solid silver, Good copper, tough to beat. Add anything newer, either boils my ears...or kills them.

I been using a tuning box on my cables..works great.. OXO,
has a turret board I can tune the heck out of the cables in the runs.

I’d like to go through a few cables and really check out the newer stuff.. One thing at a time.

But 6K, the ol Doctor would have to bring some pretty urgent news, like
you got 6 months to live, and dying wont cost TOO much.
If I had a year, I’d be holding off, 6 months. Then bury me with them. ;-)

Regards..