Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
"Well, Tekton has had not just one good review but one after another, after another. Not just good reviews either but stellar, to die for reviews."
Focusing on Moab, I am not sure where such enthusiasm is coming from. I understand excitement of the new, but looking from a side it is not that clear.

There are four (4) "reviews" on Tekton website. Technically one after another, but the sample is not humongous.

One of those reviews says "At $4,500, these speakers deliver the power, impact, presence and output of speakers costing as much as 10 times the price, and that is truly extreme value."

Read it as you wish, but to me it does not read any different than "as loud as speakers costing as much as 10 times the price". No word about anything else. It does claim they are "simply world beaters" (whatever that means), in the review that says....Full review pending. In short, they were proclaimed world beaters without a review.

One review is not really a review but youtube praise without much else. Sort of "influencer stuff".

One review is 6moons. It does go into more details about how Moabs sound, but it mentions designer’s name so many times that you cannot but wonder what the deal is between them. If nothing else, that review is worth reading for an "interview" with the designer and his thoughts on "moving mass" of musical instruments and speakers. It is beyond interesting.

https://www.tektondesign.com/professional-reviews.html

https://hometheaterreview.com/home-theater-reviews-best-of-2019-awards/

jovialspirit, How did they sound initially as compared to now after a few weeks? About how many hours would you say are on them now? And do they seem to have stabilized, or still (if more slowly) improving?
Thanks!
I’ll start by saying I think they are 80% of what you should expect right out of the box. Maybe after 20 additional hours they’ll show their long-term sound signature. Just my opinion, but the midrange seems to have really blossomed. Mind you, I’m not a professional reviewer, and may lack the proper adjectives that the persnickety ones may not approve of, thus commence mocking me....so be it, small men hide behind keyboards.
Back on point...its hard to say how many total hours I have on them. For example, I have about 15k into my home theater and find myself listening to music almost all day, which isn’t an uncommon thing when you ask Tekton owners (less and less movies and more tunes). If in doubt of that comment, I urge you to join the Tekton Owners Group on FB and ask). I work from home , like many of us do nowadays, so I can literally lose an entire 8 hours to music and work. If I had to spitball a guess, I’d say that they have roughly between 100-125 hours on them. In full transparency, today after reading some comments on a McIntosh page, I turned off my subs for the first time. I’ll tell ya, subs are definitely not necessary, which is probably stating the obvious, but it’s been an enjoyable 9 hours at this point of some great tunes averaging probably 90db (peaks of 115db and lows of 70db). I NEVER get a so much as a hint of ear fatigue. I’m super happy I went sans beryllium tweeter.
Just a glimpse of some speakers that I’m very familiar with spending copious amounts of time with:
*B&W 700s and 800s
*Paradigm models from the 90s and 2000s
*Infinity
*Klipsch Forte 3s and Cornwalls
*Bryston
*Triton Reference and the 7s
*Kef 700 and 900 (passed on the Blades)
And a ton of lesser $ stuff from Elac to DIY
The Moabs aren’t the best speaker out there (again stating the obvious), but as a whole they check more boxes FOR ME (capped for haters) than any single speaker I’ve heard up to this point in my 30 year venture down the audiophile rabbit hole...PERIOD!

Hope this helps give you some clarity.
Cheers and happy listening!
Glad you are enjoying them. As I said before they are double Perfect SETs. For about $2k, the Perfect SET is a ridiculously good speaker. The Perfect SET is a very large speaker in its own right! Of course we occupy a different place in this world with these huge speakers (by the way I have never owned Tecktons but have heard them at the Oracle’s house (Teajay!) 
Performing at 80% right out of the box, and being at long term levels in about 20 hours is right in line with what Eric has posted on his blog. 

Being drawn into listening, and being able to listen at such high levels without any hint of fatigue, these in my book are worth a hundred persnickety adjectives. Thanks!