McIntosh, your experience?

McIntosh is a name that has been around the high end for a very long time.  I have not owned any of this brand and am considering various brands of used units on A'goN.  If any have previous or current experience I would appreciate your input.  Thanks
whatjd
50 years I've used them.. Yes they are wonderful. Do you're research on what you want to do first. Stereo, HT, Both.
New or Vintage, and go from there.

There is quite a community, for Mac users around the world..

You can almost always find a part if you wait long enough.

Their service and network of service centers is pretty impressive..
I've never waited over 3-4 weeks, 3  times, out of 35 or so piece in 40 years of using their services.

Regards

Thanks.  I have owned much, but not McIntosh and doing my research ahead of any buying.

McIntosh, your experience?
Made great tube amps, back when.
Then lost the way and compromised trying to make SS amps and putting output autoformers on the rear end of them, to make them "bullet proof".
Very much like using a "O" Autoformer on amps that can’t take certain loads to make them handle those loads and be compromised.

THE REAL FIX!!! Just get the right amp to start with for that speaker.

Cheers George
I have owned many Mc amps as well as Pre-amps, Processors and one DVD player. I still keep two amps in my system one MC402 and MC205 for 2 channel and 5 channel respectively. I would suggest you do a little research on which model will meet your needs best. I know as you will learn, there is a group of Anti-McIntosh that will try to talk you out of McIntosh. But if you decide to pursue a McIntosh Amp, you will find 1st of all they are built like a tank, they do a great job, they hold their value, you may fall in love with the meters as well. But be forewarned, they are heavy. 
Try to find one new enough to have LED lighting or check with audioclassics.com to see if they offer a retro fit LED light kit. 

Good luck
i bought my first mcintosh unit, an mc2205 power amp back in the early 2000's! i later bought an mc 602 power amp in 2011. i used to have a marantz 4300 quad reciever for a pre amp tuner but it was too noisy. in 2013 i bought a mx132 home theater unit to use as a tuner pre amp to match my mc602. i only listen in the 2 chanell mode. i'm not an audiophile so i don't know the difference that many audiophiles know. some say that other units are better sounding but if you have'nt heard them you don't know what your're missing! this is where i stand!