About to audition Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Grand Reference - advice?

Hi,
I have been listening to Aerial Acoustics 7Bs ( 86 dB sensitivity) for nearly 20 years.  About to audition the VA Beethoven Grand Reference.  90 dB sensitivity.  $12k.  I have a Balanced Audio Technology VK75SE - 75 watts.  700 Joules of power.
Question #1: I always felt the Aerials were under powered.  I'm going to hear the VA BGR with a Pass amp -- not tubes.  Does anyone have any LISTENING experience with this new speaker using 75 watts of tube power?
Question #2: Suggestions for speakers in the $8-12K range ... good for full orchestra (think Mahler 5th), jazz (HHancock, Miles, FHubbard etc), female vocals and 70s rock (Zep, AC/DC, Neil, Yes, Genesis).  Aesthetics are VERY important.  And space is an issue, so no large panels.
Thanks.

Joe
128x128jmfawdofile
  The Focal 1038BE at todays clearance prices might be something to check out.
Question #2: Suggestions for speakers in the $8-12K range ... good for full orchestra (think Mahler 5th)
Here are a few mid-sized speakers I heard playing Mahler 5 (better still Mahler 8) reasonably well (i.e. the rest of yr musical choices follow):
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven (as above), Genesis V (latest model), Devore X, Wilson Sasha / Yvette (but, price???), Gamut 7, Focal Supra 3 / Scala. These are models I’ve listened to; there are many others, for sure.
A small point driving the Beethovens: when I had (an older model I suppose) these at home, I used a big solid-state 125W class A amp. Orchestral music: the sound was fantastic. Jazz; same. Prog rock & blues: great
Heavy metal: a bit on the polite side (including too much info, not enough noise -- if I’m making sense).
Vienna Grands for 12k sounds good to me, why not stick to these? I think they’re much easier to drive than your Aerials—although they are a nominal 4ohm load, so not SO easy!
So jmfawdofile, did you ever get to listen to the new Reference series? I would be curious to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the previous version as well as you Aerials.
Hi All
Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry I didn't get back to you.  Just been overwhelmed.

Theo and gregm,
I've listened to the Focals -- several. And liked them.  The huge monitors are amazing. And several Wilsons (which I did not like -- too clinical.)  
I loved the 7Bs...but they were showing their age every time I listened to new speakers. Not fast, and low sensitivity for my amp. The finish is still mint. I moved them to my second system - Spectral amp and pre. Now they growl! I removed the SUB. No longer needed. They were starved for current -- not just watts. And they are in a smaller room.

I was able to spend half a day in Philly on 3/13 and listened to the Viennas.  Loved them.  Bought them.  Had them delivered by mask-wearing folks a few days later.  Thrilled I have them now.  Whenever I think the amp or speakers are bass shy, I put on some Micky Hart and quickly realize the recording I was listening to lacks bass.  These (not) babies ROCK.  Scared me a few times on AC/DC.  And Mahler!   The change in sensitivity is significant.  No bi-wire option, but seems OK.  I've got Van Den Hul cables on loan...for a while it appears.  Not sure I love them.  I've heard better from AQ.  Thoughts on that front?

Joe