Looking for a good full range floor stander

Hello all.  Making a good two way system for a 20 x 40x 12 high room budget 12k to 16 k.  Powered by a bryston 14b cubed amp.  Have a surround system with Golden ear ref and surrounds powered by parasound a21 for mains  and Carver cinema grand for surrounds. Like the GEs  The speakers I'm looking for will be for music only lots of jazz (female vocalist a fav), classical, classic rock and roll (70's and up).  I have heard good things about proac k6, Joseph audio, and a few others but am not within 4 hours of audition range.  Real interested in people in the know about the proac or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
paliden
larry5729
audiotroy2, You must be a dealer... I think dealers should not be allowed to participate. They slyly pretend to be consumers only to sell their own stuff.  After reading your responses I would imagine many of us feel you should be banned from participating.
Please speak for yourself. Audiotroy is well known here for being a dealer - he certainly hasn't concealed that, nor does he pretend to be a customer. Dealers are welcome to participate here under Audiogon's terms of use so if you have any complaint, it is with Audiogon, not audiotroy.

Larry we say we are dealers and we have every right to be here.

As per your quip about Salks or brand x sounding better than a commercial brand a lot of dealers showrooms are not optomized for sound. Some dealers have poor soundrooms or dont sell good matching  electronics so somtimes an opinion of a product heard may not be as good as it could be.

Sorry to rain on your Salk love affair yes his speakers are a great value.

However there is only so far you can go with stock Seas drivers.

It is our feeling that the true leaders in any industry design their own parts which are usually vastly superior this requires a substantial capital investment.

Look at Rockport, YG, Magico, Paradigm, Kef, B&W, Focal there is a reason why their speakers are in the rarified air of compannies that continue to push innovation and whose products are consistantly setting the bar.

This is also why these products cost more to buy. Many large companies spend milions of dollars in R&D.

Salk falls into the nice guy that builds a good product by stuffing a box with great parts and selling direct which does win over a lot of guys.

Sorry to disagee but the leaders in the field of loudspeaker design all work for companies that can afford them.

Guys like Floyd Toole, Lawrence Dickie, are pushing that bar, Jack Oclee brown is another. Ever heard of Harmon, Vivid and Kef guess all of these guys produce inferior products to Salk right?

Sorry larry for having an opinion if i want to buy a real sports car i would go to a Porsche dealer not the kid selling a souped up Subaru down the street for a lot less.

Good luck to you.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor
Audiotroy, It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
Your tone is frequently confrontational and valid points get coated in vitriol.

And BTW, there are some Subarus that can kick major ass.

^^^  Agreed!!

Let me link this here, as it's a new model that, cough, certain people don't seem to be very familiar with.

http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=SS+9.5