linn sondek tt

Does anybody still buy this? I just noticed many of their old dealers are gone.i wonder why?
theoriginalthor1
@tatyana69  The Avid is an excellent deck, Hard to fault. Which model are you getting? Having said that, I don't think the Acutus ref is any better than the top LP12 Radikal D Klimax, just different flavour. Cannot go wrong with either table. You won't be disappointed.
The limited edition just out now - only 100 being made or something like that. Thought I'd jump at it purely on dealer advice and favourable comments from other people that I consider to be believable consistently.

I'm sure many will disagree but the Linn is way overpriced. The parts are decent but it shouldn't cost but 700.00 to 800.00 dollars. I know they don't make that many anymore and it's a boutique item and should be taken into account. And all audiophile products are overpriced. But they've made their original engineering costs back in spades.
Face it Ivor had to get the original reviewer drunk to get him to like it.
@rmwear   Agreed the upgrades are overpriced. However, like you pointed out, all audiophile products are overpriced...and turntable manufacturer's are one of the worst offenders!( palling in comparison to cable manufacturer's ( rip-off artists IOW)  I'm not going to try and justify the pricing, as I too think it is somewhat unreasonable, but at least the table can be updated, how many others can you say that about?

rwwear
... the Linn is way overpriced ... all audiophile products are overpriced ...
If you really believe that, you're probably in the wrong hobby.