What was the first system you heard that made you think the high end made sense

I am sure I cannot be the only person here who can recall the day, and indeed the very system that made them think 'oooohhhhh yesssss - I get it - I understand - and I absolutely love it!'

In my case I attended a HiFi Show in Heathrow at the Renaissance Hotel. It was the GT Audio room hosted by Graham Tricker. The parts comprised:

DPS turntable- Schroeder arm - jan allaerts cartridge
Tron Pre-amp
Avante Garde Uno's

In all honesty I still remember the day now. It was so musical and had the ability to connect me to the music. When I went for a full demo at Grahams home I came to understand the magic of horns, valves and imaging. 

lohanimal
Spectro Acoustics Amp,Preamp, Equalizer and Tuner with Clarke Systems speakers a J A Mitchell Focus One Turntable bought the system that day. Added a Revox B 77 Reel to Reel. Nice system for 1980.
It was 1975. My neighbors system:
Philips 312 electronic TT
Shure cartridge
Kenwood receiver
Bozak speakers
All for $1300.

Many years ago (35?) I heard a pair of Apogee Divas being driven by Krell amplification at a HiFi News show (London, Heathrow I believe). That is when the high end really made an impression on me. I still dream about owner a restored pair of Apogee Divas one day.
1976.  Had saved enough summer job money to buy my first "stereo":  Panasonic "Thrusters" system.  After returning it for exchange three (!) times because of unstable pitch from the turntable and which the salesman could not hear, the poor guy said "kid, take your money back and go somewhere else".  Went to Sound Components in Coral Gables, Fla.  Had never heard high end equipment before and will never forget the experience of hearing stacked Quads/Janis subs/Sequerra ribbon tweeters driven by Levinson ML-2's with Levinson pre and Linn table.  My jaw dropped!  That was the day the sickness began.  
Klipschorns at Hal's Hi Fi in Trenton, NJ around 1976. I don't know what the rest of the system was. I bought them.