Anyone know what these are

I picked these up at an estate sale recently, and am wondering if anyone can explain their purpose. They weren’t hooked up when I bought them, but the estate included a high-end Linn / Legacy / Conrad Johnson system, so I thought they might be interesting.

Circuit looks like a capacitor, a few resistors, and a wound spool of wire, all on a basic switch. There are two of them. Guessing maybe some sort of filter that goes between an amp and speakers? Thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/etcworld/albums/72157677429583333
tce5280
Without being able to see all of it, it looks like a speaker level low pass filter, with a  bypass switch.

I can't tell if there are also resistors or caps involved. However, if it's just an inductor in series, that's what it is.

Best,

E
OK, so it's a little more complicated. It looks like there are 4 resistors, which I assume are in series with the coil.

Not sure what the switch will do exactly. It could bypass everything, or just the resistors, or just the coil.

Was this system using horns/pa type of setup? if so maybe the user was experimenting with the bass configuration.

It is probably very cabinet specific, and my guess is it was more of a hack/experiment.

Best,

E
Does the other one (not pictured) have a red or black binding post? Are they identical inside?