Think twice before concluding some thing sounds better

Often anything good that is merely different seems better.    So many aspects of sound, things to listen for. Takes time to really know what parts are better and what might actually be worse in a complementary sense 
128x128mapman
People chose their tvs wrong as lcd pushed out plasma. Shows you can't trust any sense 😄  
Thanks for the lead, shadorne. 
I also agree with Mapman's  original post and Geoff's last paragraph.

Having a realization of what one wishes to achieve is paramount to achieving same. However, our wishes often change and differences from them often are appreciated. Wishes need be prioritized as to how fixed vs. malleable one might be about them. This is what is required to get the most from system expenditures. As Geoff referred to, likely few of us are completely 'in the know' regarding our priorities. 

I also agree that longer term listening, over that of A/B testing, is best for determining which of a set of components provides greatest satisfaction within a system.  
It absolutely takes time to assess the sound of a component. That’s why I’m uninterested in dealers and promoters who organize "shoot-out" style listening sessions. Those types of demos prove nothing.
Agree, that I personally, need to live with a change before really knowing if I like it long term. I also watch my wife to see how she responds. Foot tapping is good, being asked to turn it down is bad😍.

Also, thanks to Shadorne regarding LG Oled. I moved a while back and could use a bigger screen in the new place. Still love my Panisonic Plasma, and couldn't stand what I was seeing at stores. Too hyper real. Almost looks animated to me.

I'm as guilty as the next guy when it comes to snap judgements, only to discover I was wrong. What motivated me last time was the urge/need to recapture some of the airiness and extension of the treble I lost when I sold my old speakers. The new ones don't do it as well so off I went through my cables and I found one that got me part of the way to what I wanted and I rationalized the rest of my assessment.

It only took a day for me to realize that I was wrong and that if I want those highs back, I'll need a different speaker. The cables can't make up for something with that big of a difference.

As for TVs, I'd like to second the recommendation for OLED. They have all the pluses of plasma (viewing angle, real, if not better blackness levels, lack of most motion blur, etc.) and they are capable of higher brightness levels and are more accurate in color range, hue, tone and shading.

I just saw an online demo of LGs newest offering that's as thin as a common house key (3.5mm) and you can lay it directly on the wall and it will stay there. Simply neat.

All the best,
Nonoise