New In 2022

Happy New Year!

Feel free to cite New or Re-Issue(s) CD, Download, EP, LP, SACD, Single, Stream or Vinyl.

Happy Listening!

jafant

slaw

Thank you for perusing my Virtual System page.

I replied to your query.  Enjoy this 4th of July Weekend!

Happy Listening!

New artist I found on Bandcamp that caught my ear.  Enjoyable singer/songwriter.

I Ran Down Every Dream by Tommy McLain (on Yep Rock Records, LP and CD), his first album in four decades! Produced by C.C. Adcock, with guest appearances by Nick Lowe, Elvis Costello, Augie Myers, Warren Storm, and Van Dyke Parks. How's THAT for hip?!

Joan Osborne: Radio Waves. Live appearances taped in various radio stations. Oughta be great, 'cause imo Joan is better live than on recordings. A really good singer, with great taste in material and musicians.

Kristeen Young - The Beauty Shop - her 11th album in 25 years and every bit as excellent as all the others. 

@bdp24 @jafant  - Going to see Joan Osborne next month for my first time. Can't wait! I hear she is great live...

@reubent: I’ve seen Joan live twice, once with just her guitarist and pianist as accompanists, the other with her (excellent) full band (guitar, piano, bass, and drums). She’s great both ways.

Joan kinda reminds me of the young Maria Muldaur, both great singers with excellent taste in musicians. On her debut album Maria had Ry Cooder, David Lindley, and Amos Garrett playing guitar, Dr. John and Spooner Oldham on piano, Ray Brown, Chris Ethridge, and Klaus Voorman on Bass, and Jim Gordon and Jim Keltner on drums. Damn! A drummer I knew in San Jose was in Maria’s live band for awhile (he’s working with Paul Williams these days). I woulda loved to watch her from behind on the drum riser for an hour a night ;-) .

bdp24

Last week I finally scored a Ry Cooder CD box set 1970-1987. This will be my 1st foray into Ry. Also, I purchased the Little Feat super deluxe CD set. 

2nd-

Maria Muldaur

Happy Listening!