New In 2022

Happy New Year!

Feel free to cite New or Re-Issue(s) CD, Download, EP, LP, SACD, Single, Stream or Vinyl.

Happy Listening!

jafant

Showing 6 responses by larsman

@bdp24 - Yeah, Flamin' Groovies were great; their earlier stuff like Teenage Head, with their original singer the late, great Roy Loney is excellent as well...

Sounds like you're a 'pub-rock' fan.... 

@bdp24 - What band were you in back then? I might have seen you at some point!

Also, that 8-CD Little Feat set is 4 complete concerts.... 

@bdp24 - hey, man - thanks for that rundown. The Donuts sounds vaguely familiar as I used to be a regular denizen of the Mab from when they started doing punk gigs in '76 till around '79 and the atmosphere started getting more 'aggressive'. This woman I hung out with was really good friends with Danny Mihm, who was drumming with the Groovies at the time, so I'd see him at a lot of parties. 

I loved the Plimsouls, and another from around that time I was keen on were the Bongos....

I can't believe you said Cornell Hurd - Kevin McCaffrey, who used to manage Cornell Hurd and his Mondo Hotpants Orchestra, is a really good friend of mine; he hired me on to be assistant buyer at the Banana Records chain... We email back and forth all the time.  Did you know Kevin? 

@bdp24 - again, thanks for that rundown, and I'll let Kevin know what you told me. Kevin was prematurely bald and had a beard and had a great DJ-style voice. After he left Banana Records, he went to work in sales for Capitol Records and then relocated from SF to Seattle. 

San Francisco is not half-bad for live music, either!! 👍

Kristeen Young - The Beauty Shop - her 11th album in 25 years and every bit as excellent as all the others.