Best music in 2021

Mike Flanigin "West Texas Blues"
128x128slaw

jacqui naylor, the long game just released... excellent! I always love to listen this music on my audiophile headset while traveling 

Glad you liked her @slaw! I just ordered her on vinyl. Hoping the quality of the vinyl is good. This new release is killer!

This young lady is a name to watch. Reminds me of Tracy Chapman with here song writing and style. Give her a listen.

slaw

Happy New Year!  I am looking forward in reading your Best Of 2022 thread.

Happy Listening!

slaw

New Year's Eve. It has been another wonderful year for us Music lovers.

Happy Listening!

Neal Francis - In Plain Sight.  Good luck standing still while this one is playing!  

@slaw our tastes are remarkably similar.  I haven't thought about Low in a long time.  Had a Luna track come up the other day.....will check out the new DW.  

Thanks!  

@rdk777 ,

I compared my Classic Records version of If I Could Only Remember My Name to the new 50th and it (the 50th), won out fairly easily.

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

Just got my copy of the 50th Anniversary Edition of If I Could Only Remember My Name - David Crosby.  Preety good pressing - have not heard the original.

Gillian Welch/David Rawlings "All The Good Times"     vinyl

Old 57’s "Fight Songs "
ROG.   vinyl
Post removed 
slaw
Precisely! this NY release will certainly give the listener a real sense of Carnegie Hall's venue space. Well reported.
Happy Listening!
rdk777
My CD copy sounds fine as an archive piece. Probably not the last word in resolution, still a very fine Aural experience.
Happy Listening!
@rdk777 

I've only played lp 1. My copy has some slight ticking. SQ wise, I think it's not as good as the other two lps mentioned above. It's not as intimate. You do however get a sense of the venue' space.
@slaw @jafant - what'd you guys think of NY's Carnegie Hall?  It's definitely getting a lot of play from me.
Another vote for Rhiannon Giddens “They’re Calling Me Home”. I also recently bought her entire back catalog. 
Protest Songs by the Specials is a pleasant surprise. Quintessentially English ska band plays virtually no ska and covers a bunch of Americans and… it won’t win album of the year but it is genuinely enjoyable.
slaw

Massey Hall and Young Shakespeare are excellent discs.
May Neil keep releasing all of his Vault recordings.

Happy Listening!
rdk777

Thank you for posting. My copy is enroute next week.

Happy Listening!
@rdk777,

Thought about the Carnegie set but already own Massey Hall and Young Shakespear, both of which, were recorded within the same year.
Post removed 
I just ordered 2 copies of this in LP form yesterday, I'll give one away as a Christmas present.
mahughes & nonoise great recommendation.