Who's your guitar daddy now?

Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOwt83O0Sk0&feature=related
Ag insider logo xs@2xknownothing
We've seen Coco Montoya twice in the last two years and every time his chops are blistering hot. Something about his style.. he's just so relaxed yet plays intuitively with natural riffs that speak to me like this is true blues.

Also recently saw Nato Manji - this guy is really something special. And his band is smoken' as well.

Santana always speaks to me and was in top form on his summer tour last year.

B.B in his day was unbelievable. Pete still has it. Mark Knopfler has to be one of the most creative and powerful axemen alive.

Of course no one will ever come close to Jerry but that is due primarily to all the magical nights we partied together.
Out of all these responses no one mentioned Roy Buchanan?

I saw him warm up for Robin Trower @ the Capital theater in Passaic NJ in the mid 80's and he blew Trower off the stage! It was the best guitar show I have ever seen and likely ever will.
Completely different genre from anyone mentioned so far, and maybe not to everyone's taste, but for both technical virtuosity and emotionality it's hard to beat Paco De LucĂ­a. His album 'Siroco' is a great place to start.
To those who noted Mayer is young and has great potential once he finds his own voice ...

Completely agreed.

I also agree that he is a suprisingly charismatic kid.

Marty