Who is your favorite blues guitarist

Such a hard question. there are so many people who have influenced blues guitar. I'm born and raised in chicago been to rush street many times, so the blues have always been a part of my life. But to me no one has ever done to the blues what STEVIE RAY VAUGHN did. He was able to do things on the guitar that artists are still trying to do today, and I think he gets forgotten because he has been gone so long, but if you ask most blues artists today who they thought was the best most would put him in thier top 3. One of my greatest blues recordings of all time was A CD made in 83' called in session" It was done with my other great blues guitarist ALBERT KING. If SRV would have lived he would have done things that would have blown us all away!!
dabairzdavid
BLIND BLAKE played alot of ragtime as well as the blues, but ROBERT JOHNSON (as a guitar player) was just one of many phenomenal musicians in his time. B.BLAKE is pictured using a primitive looking acoustic guitar, so i would suggest that if someone had ever handed BB an Electric guitar, he would have done something similar to what Art Tatum could do on the piano. my guess is that it was his use of the thumb doing very complex bass lines while busy fingerpicking the melody, but it sure as heck sounded like a piano when he played. btw, he also played the piano...
i have all four alblums on "Biograph" records in case anyone is wondering if i made all of this up.
as for Stevie Ray, i think he would disagree with many of you guys. because when i saw him play in one of his last concerts, his last selection was by Jimi Hendrix; at the end of the song he gently placed the guitar (still feeding back the final notes) on the stage and walked off as the lights dimmed...
One of my favourites is Kelly Joe Phelps.
Mississippi Fred McDowell does it for me too.
I would include many of the artists already mentioned among the best but I have to add Eric Clapton. Anyone who says he's too white or too rich is deaf. The man can play the blues.