VPI Classic Platter - Polishing??

The VPI Classic platter is made from raw aluminum with no coating. Has anyone attempted to polish the platter to a high luster? A friend of mine has done this with his Linn platter and I have seen other polished aluminum platters on the web, but no VPI Classics.
brf
BRF, I have used Wenol on brass, as well. The extra benefit is that the tarnish is very slow to return, even when handling the object. I have gone a year since polishing my brass center weight and it still looks good.
Just a follow up. The whole polishing process took less than 15 minutes and only required a gentle rubbing. Just make sure that you have a good supply of micro fiber cloths as quite a bit of black tarnish is removed.

Just like how a washed and waxed car drives better, my TT sounds better with a polished platter :-)
Spray it with a clear high gloss laquer or satin if you don't want it too glossy. Use light coats till you get the results you want.
The aluminum on the platter is not anodized, is it? The product info for Wenol states:

"Not recommended for painted and plated metals or anodized aluminum."