Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
I am about to try my first explicit power wire update experiment ever.

The insulation on power cord to my DAC is a bit frayed near the connector, so I am using that as an excuse to replace it and see if I can do better.

So I have ordered a $200+ Pangea cord that is on sale for $70 currently.

My justification for picking that particular cord is I want top try something that is designed to work well with digital that should produce some improvement/change of significance over my current stock cord which is heavy duty and well suited for an amp perhaps but nothing special for digital.

FOr digital, shielding against both emmission of noise through the wire by the digital DAC and reception of noise from other nearby wires/devices (which I know can be a problem with my setup based on history) is the main technical benefit I can see on paper with this particular power cord.

I'll report back when I get it and have a chance to assess.
Mapman. Your digital hash goes straight through your power cord. Don't be too hopeful about the effect of sheilding. Try some isolation.
I don't know if this helps or helps but here is a lecture headed by stereophiles john Atkinson. After the 16 min of intro he turns it over to Keith Johnson. This is the guy you want to listen to. And even though it's mostly about digital jitter and such towards the end He gives a little insight on cables.

http://youtu.be/QsVqCID029g