Earliest "MOST WANTED" gear

OK, some of us have been on this merry go round longer than others. I checked in in 1976, age 16. Typical teenagers, I wanted a turntable, receiver and speakers. A tape deck down the road and a decent used car once I got a license.

I envisioned my 1st system- a Dual turntable with a Shure cartridge, AR bookshelf speakers, and as for a receiver, I liked Tandberg and Marantz. Predictably, my 1st system did not look like that at all, though over the years out of a fit of nostalgia I have owned all of that stuff, even if for under a year (and then sold it to another person trying to satisfy earlier desires). Well, at least I envisioned a Teac tape deck and that's what I eventually bought.

What was the "system of your dreams" before you dipped your toes into the water?
128x128zavato
I'm more of a newbee. In around 2000, I had no idea the audiophile world existed. Went into a Tweeter to buy a rear-projection TV. The savvy sales guy had me listen to Martin Logans with Krell class-A gear - Kct pre, Fpb400cx amp, and Kps-28c CD player. Well, that was it. That led 2 a year pointless search for the same sound quality for less money, but learned a lot along the way. Ended up getting as my first system, my early dream system, Wilson WP 5.1s, Krell Kct pre, Krell 400cx amp, and Emm Labs front end. With the audiophile bug set in, I've sold it all and moved on. Still missing that Krell amp...
YEah, the Krell/Logan setup in my local Tweeter back then was quite the combo bound to make an impression.
Sansui 9090db with the very cool lights and dual watt meter, JBL 4312 monitors. Don't remember the players too much, Yamaha,Marantz etc...
Pioneer Spec rack with AR-9s. Took me 30 yrs but I got em minus the AR-9s. I do have AR-90s instead. Now building a system around my dream speakers; Infinity RS-1.
McIntosh, Since the 1st day I laid eyes and ears on a complete system in 1977, when I was twelve years old!